- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- West Virginia’s 2014 seasons set for dove, rail, snipe and woodcock
Columbus Replica Ships Discover Huntington
The ships open to the general public on Wednesday November 14th. The Nina was built by hand, without the use of power tools and considered to be the most historically correct Columbus Replica ever built. The Pinta was recently built in Brazil and is a larger version of the archetypal caravel. Historians consider the caravel the Space Shuttle of the fifteenth century.
While in port, the general public are invited to visit the ships for a walk-aboard, self-guided tour. Admission charges are $8.00 for adults, $7.00 for seniors, and $6.00 for students 5 – 16. Children 4 and under are Free. The ships are open every day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No reservations necessary.
Teachers or organizations wishing to schedule a 30 minute guided tour with a crew member should call 1 787 672 2152 and leave a message. Minimum of 15. $5.00 per person. No Maximum. Visit our website at www.thenina.com OR EMAIL email@example.com.