- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- Will Smith, Cara Delevingne Cast as Super Villains in "Suicide Squad"
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- UPDATED: Officials Speak of Marshall's Growth During President Kopp's Tenure
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- BOOK REVIEW: 'California Dreaming: Boosterism, Memory, and Rural Suburbs in the Golden State': Detailed Look at Three 'Agriburbs' in Sacramento, Los Angeles Areas
- Huntington Pedestrian Killed Wednesday Evening:
Columbus Replica Ships Discover Huntington
The ships open to the general public on Wednesday November 14th. The Nina was built by hand, without the use of power tools and considered to be the most historically correct Columbus Replica ever built. The Pinta was recently built in Brazil and is a larger version of the archetypal caravel. Historians consider the caravel the Space Shuttle of the fifteenth century.
While in port, the general public are invited to visit the ships for a walk-aboard, self-guided tour. Admission charges are $8.00 for adults, $7.00 for seniors, and $6.00 for students 5 – 16. Children 4 and under are Free. The ships are open every day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No reservations necessary.
Teachers or organizations wishing to schedule a 30 minute guided tour with a crew member should call 1 787 672 2152 and leave a message. Minimum of 15. $5.00 per person. No Maximum. Visit our website at www.thenina.com OR EMAIL email@example.com.