- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- Easter Egg Hunts Scheduled
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- Two W.Va. manufacturers selected as finalists in Shale Innovation contest
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- After Demolition of Huntington Pilot Plant, U 235 and U 238 Contamination Deemed Low; Baseline Soil in Ohio River Basin High in Nickel Contamination Then
- Stabbing Victims Treated and Released following Altercation Saturday Morning
- DEVELOPING: New Documents from NRC/DOE on Huntington Pilot Plant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 17, 2014
- Green-White game, fountain ceremony, banquet highlight Alumni Weekend
Columbus Replica Ships Discover Huntington
The ships open to the general public on Wednesday November 14th. The Nina was built by hand, without the use of power tools and considered to be the most historically correct Columbus Replica ever built. The Pinta was recently built in Brazil and is a larger version of the archetypal caravel. Historians consider the caravel the Space Shuttle of the fifteenth century.
While in port, the general public are invited to visit the ships for a walk-aboard, self-guided tour. Admission charges are $8.00 for adults, $7.00 for seniors, and $6.00 for students 5 – 16. Children 4 and under are Free. The ships are open every day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No reservations necessary.
Teachers or organizations wishing to schedule a 30 minute guided tour with a crew member should call 1 787 672 2152 and leave a message. Minimum of 15. $5.00 per person. No Maximum. Visit our website at www.thenina.com OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org.