- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Ohio Youth Group Repairs Wayne County Mobile Home Damaged by Flood
- Mayor Steve William's Office of Drug Control Policy Invited to White House
- Fracking Poses Threats to Public Health, Say Experts
- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- A Very Merry Christmas Parade Moves Along Fourth Avenue
- Attorney General DeWine Files Lawsuit Challenging Controversial Federal Water Regulations
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- Jewel City Jamming will Continue Next Year
- WV AG Praises Supreme Court Ruling on Clean Air Act
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.