- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Understanding the Suffering War Brings
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- OP-ED: Blood on the Corner: Dear UVA From an Alumnus
- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- Missing Huntington Woman Found Safe
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld, Appearing at Tricon
- OP-ED: Vanuatu and Tuvalu: inadequate response to human suffering
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.