- Three People Arrested in Connection with Multi-County Drug Trafficking Operation
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- Bernie Packs Huntington's Big Sandy; Hillary and Trump Win Big IMAGES
- Governor Tomblin Endorses Hillary Clinton for President
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- More than 1,700 to graduate from Marshall University May 7
- AG DeWine Sues Out-of-State Telemarketer for Misleading Ohioans about Computer Virus
- U.S. Attorney's Office announces collection sites for DEA's National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- Huntington YMCA‘s Free Healthy Kids Day® on April 30th Aims to Help Kids Exercise Minds and Bodies
- TRANSCRIPT: Mayoral Candidate Alleges Mayor, Council "Embarassed" by Towing Outcry; Council Allegedly Persecutes Disabled Member for Backing Ordinance
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.