- CARIBBEAN VIEW: China Will Cast a Huge Shadow as Japan Meets CARICOM
- Former Employees Testified Radiation Hazards Near former Huntington Nuclear Weapons Plant
- Huntington Council Announces Meeting Agenda
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 21, 2014
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
- OP-ED: Three-fifths of an Attorney General Declares POWs 'Non-Persons'
- EDITORIAL: Having Nearly Ruined WVU, Manchin Father and Daughter Pair Now Compromises the WV Chamber of Commerce
- Sen. Manchin, Gov. Tomblin announce additional scientific testing and monitoring of chemicals spilled in Kanawha Valley
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.