- Former Morris Occupant Reveals “in the Kitchen You Can See the Sky…”
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- Water Damage Severe inside Morris Building Apartment
- Chief Eastham Details How Relentless Assistance Prevented Further Fire Damage
- Grant from Enterprise Holdings Foundation to MU Career Services to fund student internships
- WV Attorney General Sues over Obamacare
- Officer on Leave after Shooting Incident
- DEVELOPING: Morris Building Fire Caused Elevator Shaft Collapse
- UPDATE: Fire Ravages Morris Building; Fire Damage Contained to Roof, Elevator Shaft
- OP-ED: Some Thoughts on Provocation
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.