- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Sir Ronald Sanders Awarded Honorary Doctorate by University of The West Indies
- Coast Guardsman teaches water rescue to Cub Scouts in South Texas
- Skate Park Construction Underway
- Test Time for Snow Plows
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- 2014 Furbearer Trapping Seasons to Open Nov. 1
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 24, 2014
- "Ouija" Startles, But no Shrieks or Shocks Here
- Update: New York City and CDC Report Positive Tests for Ebola in Volunteer International Aid Worker
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.