- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Let's Round Up the "Johns" Too
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Hillary Concentrates on Substance Abuse at Charleston Forum IMAGES
- Board of Governors Gives Positive Evaluation to MU President Jerome Gilbert
- MU presents Donning of the Kente ceremony April 27
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Marshall to host 3rd annual Sustainability Fair at Wild Ramp May 20
- Marshall University biotechnology spinoff receives large grant from National Institutes of Health
- Alleged Drug Suppliers, Prostitutes Rounded Up in Huntington
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.