- Marquee Pullman & Pullman Square Turn 10
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Bates Supports Budget Reductions to Offset Shortfall Projection
- Marshall University receives in-kind software grant from Siemens PLM Software
- Highlanders Triumph Over Midland
- US Attorney Collects Over $8 Million for Taxpayers
- Marshall Men's Basketball: Herd Falls to Seventh-Ranked Louisville, 85-67
- Manchin Statement on President's Immigration Executive Actions
- Schray earns national honors as top professor in West Virginia
- No. 18 @HerdFB Holds Off UAB; Improves to 11-0
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.