- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Record Numbers of Female Vets Strain System
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- COLUMN: Hobet Project Holds Vast Promise for West Virginians
- Cabell County man sentenced to over four years in federal prison for possessing child pornography
- Plan to Reduce Opioid Painkiller Use Gains National & State Support
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
- Charleston man sentenced to federal prison for heroin crime
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.