- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- Goebbel Named Marshall Tight Ends Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- Huntington Mayor's Budget Puts Possible Fee Increase Decisions on City Council's Plate
- OP-ED: Beyond Deterrence, Compassion
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.