- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Reports Differ on Injuries at Metropolis Nuclear Plant Following Leakage of Uranium Hexafluoride
- OP-ED: Break-ups, Rejections and School Shootings: Educate Youth for Resiliency
- City Hall Trick or Treat
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Not only cricket but West Indian self-worth at stake
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 29, 2014
- Honeywell, NRC Dispute Report of College Students Operating Nuclear Plant; HNN Source Alleges Book Trained Replacement Workers Operated Plant
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- BOOK NOTES: 'The 52 New Foods Challenge': Make Healthy Eating into a Family Game
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.