- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- Mathematics awarded $170K grant from National Security Agency
- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Wilson family establishes endowed scholarship for medical students
- UPDATE: Swat Team Dispatched; Huntington's Marcum Terrace Scene of Another Shooting
- Freedom Industries and former Freedom Industries plant manager sentenced for roles in chemical spill
- John Jasko, M.D., named Castle Connolly ‘Top Doctor’
- Huntington Water Quality Board Meets Jan. 13 at 11 a.m.
- Huntington's Public Works director relieved of duties
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.