- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- WTAP-TV Asked to Leave DuPont C8 Public Meeting
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- Second What's Next Huntington Draws Crowd to HHS
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.