- Q and A with Mayor Steve Williams: Audits ALWAYS have Findings....
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- CFPB Takes Action to End Student 'Debt Relief' Scams; CFPB Warns Borrowers About Companies Charging High Fees for Free Federal Loan Repayment Programs
- Q and A with Councilman Caserta: Mayor Needs to be Held Accountable, Independent Audit Necessary
- Christmas Kente Ceremony for winter graduates is Saturday at Marshall
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Find New Lows for 2014
- Special Prosecutor Will Be Appointed in Cabell County Regarding State Police Investigation of Mayor's Sick Leave Payment to Skip Holbrook
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- Bid Specifics Revealed in Huntington Street Sweeping Program
Smith Signs NLI with Marshall
“Shawn is a great addition to our basketball program and our Herd family,” Marshall head coach Tom Herrion said. “He is a very versatile player, who plays with a great motor and energy.”
Smith was a 2011 All-Metro Conference First Team selection at McClatchy High School in Sacramento, Calif. There he averaged 15.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists as a senior. He also played for the AAU program, Play Hard Play Smart. He is currently in his second season at City College of San Francisco.
“Playing for one of the most successful junior college programs in the country and an outstanding coach like Justin Labagh at City College of San Francisco will allow him to be well prepared for college,” Herrion said. “We are really excited about Shawn’s future with the Herd.”
Smith will be a junior with the Herd and be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season. He is Marshall’s first commitment during the early signing period which began on Wednesday.