- TRANSCRIPT: Mayoral Candidate Alleges Mayor, Council "Embarassed" by Towing Outcry; Council Allegedly Persecutes Disabled Member for Backing Ordinance
- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- Huntington Cosplayer Bunny Bombshell appears at Somerset KY Con
- Huntington Council Agenda Contains Ordinance Allegedly Discriminating Against Disabled Councilwoman Thacker; Chairman Denies
- SHELLY'S WORLD: "The Magic! The Magic!"
- OP ED: The Candidate in the Coal Fields; Opinion of National Mining Association
- Maker Vault Opens at RCBI
- FLASHBACK: Eight Years Later Hickman Murder Case Still Open
- Hillary for Kentucky Launches Kentucky Women for Hillary
- Hayes, RCBI, White to enter Harless Hall of Fame
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Dip To New Record Lows: 3.34% for 30-Year Mortgage
"Fixed mortgage rates eased this week to record lows on indicators of higher consumer confidence and lower wholesale prices," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Consumer sentiment rose in November to the highest reading since July 2007 according to the University of Michigan. Meanwhile, the core producer price index fell 0.2 percent in October."
The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.34 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending November 15, 2012, down from last week when it averaged 3.40 percent. Last year at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.00 percent. The, 15-year FRM this week averaged 2.65 percent with an average 0.7 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.69 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.31 percent.
The 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.74 percent this week with an average 0.6 point, up from last week when it averaged 2.73 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.97 percent. The 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.55 percent this week with an average 0.3 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.59 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.98 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.