- Huntington Police Seach for Armed Robber; Another Reported on Washington Avenue
- W.Va. AG Warns Consumers of DMV Impostor Scam
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Man Arrested in West End of Huntingtotn for Possession
- In Wells Fargo Case, News Really Did Happen To An Editor
- Attorney General Morrisey Fights To Protect Coal Jobs At Crucial Moment
- Columbus Police Issue Heroin Destruction Order after more than 30 Overdoses
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- DEVELOPING ... FIRST LOOK: "Deepwater Horizon" Frantic Destruction Overlooking Environmental Consequences
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Dip To New Record Lows: 3.34% for 30-Year Mortgage
"Fixed mortgage rates eased this week to record lows on indicators of higher consumer confidence and lower wholesale prices," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Consumer sentiment rose in November to the highest reading since July 2007 according to the University of Michigan. Meanwhile, the core producer price index fell 0.2 percent in October."
The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.34 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending November 15, 2012, down from last week when it averaged 3.40 percent. Last year at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.00 percent. The, 15-year FRM this week averaged 2.65 percent with an average 0.7 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.69 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.31 percent.
The 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.74 percent this week with an average 0.6 point, up from last week when it averaged 2.73 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.97 percent. The 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.55 percent this week with an average 0.3 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.59 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.98 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.