- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- Elegant Elsa Graces Wayne County Fair at Camden Park IMAGE GALLERY
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- Wolfpack Moves Past @HerdMBB
- Ohio Man Indicted in Scam Targeting Car Dealerships
- REVIEW: "Theory" Imspires not Giving Up and Necessity of More than just You
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
Dobson Invited to Senior Bowl
A season ago, Marshall’s All-American defensive end Vinny Curry played in the Senior Bowl and had a performance that helped catapult him into the second round of this year’s NFL Draft where he was taken 59th overall by the Philadelphia Eagles.
It was just the latest honor for Dobson. He has already been named to the Biletnikoff and College Football Performance Awards Watch Lists in 2012 and was a first-team selection on Phil Steele’s midseason all-conference team.
Dobson has a career-high 53 receptions this season despite missing virtually all of the last two games due to injury. His 618 receiving yards are also just 71 yards off his previous high of 689 in 2010. His 23 career receiving touchdowns also tie him for fifth in Marshall’s all-time records.
“The Senior Bowl is very pleased to announce our first-ever ‘official’ Watch List,” Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage said in August. “We want both college and pro football fans to enjoy tracking the players on our list as they begin their journey towards the Senior Bowl and the 2013 NFL Draft. We have included prospects from almost every level of the college game and look forward to monitoring their progress throughout the upcoming season.”
Marshall (4-6 overall, 3-3 C-USA) will host its last home game of the 2012 campaign when Houston (4-6, 3-3) visits Saturday for a 12 p.m. ET kickoff. The game, which will be the last in Joan C. Edwards Stadium for Marshall’s eight seniors, will also be televised on CSS.