- Marshall Accepts Bid to 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Marshall Falls to Rice in Conference USA Football Championship
- University of Maryland Accepts Bid To The 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Guest Column
- Ellen Wilson First Spouse Gold Coin Available December 9
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Eternal Wonder': Pearl Buck's Last Novel Manuscript Discovered in Texas Storage Unit
- EDITORIAL: Hypocritical Harry Gives Obamacare Another Surprise Blow
- FLASHBACK: Transcripts Reveal Technetium, Neptunium and Plutonium at Huntington Pilot Plant Concern Over Parking Lot Radiation Expressed
- BOOK REVIEW: Part 4 of Review of David Stockman's 'The Great Deformation': Social Security, Glass-Steagall, 'Hayseed Coalition', Subprime Crony Capitalism
Dobson Invited to Senior Bowl
A season ago, Marshall’s All-American defensive end Vinny Curry played in the Senior Bowl and had a performance that helped catapult him into the second round of this year’s NFL Draft where he was taken 59th overall by the Philadelphia Eagles.
It was just the latest honor for Dobson. He has already been named to the Biletnikoff and College Football Performance Awards Watch Lists in 2012 and was a first-team selection on Phil Steele’s midseason all-conference team.
Dobson has a career-high 53 receptions this season despite missing virtually all of the last two games due to injury. His 618 receiving yards are also just 71 yards off his previous high of 689 in 2010. His 23 career receiving touchdowns also tie him for fifth in Marshall’s all-time records.
“The Senior Bowl is very pleased to announce our first-ever ‘official’ Watch List,” Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage said in August. “We want both college and pro football fans to enjoy tracking the players on our list as they begin their journey towards the Senior Bowl and the 2013 NFL Draft. We have included prospects from almost every level of the college game and look forward to monitoring their progress throughout the upcoming season.”
Marshall (4-6 overall, 3-3 C-USA) will host its last home game of the 2012 campaign when Houston (4-6, 3-3) visits Saturday for a 12 p.m. ET kickoff. The game, which will be the last in Joan C. Edwards Stadium for Marshall’s eight seniors, will also be televised on CSS.