- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Fracking Waste Chemicals Allegedly Found in WV Near Drinking Water Inputs
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- UPDATING ... Neither 'Mall Cop' nor 'Unfriended' Will Slow 'Furious 7' Vroom....
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Apr. 17, 2015
- 'Jupiter' Confounds; Insurgent, Frozen Fever on Deck
State Agents Arrest Man on Child Rape Allegation
The alleged crime is said to have happened between August and September of this year.
"This suspect was a trusted friend of this young victim's family," said Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine. "It has always been my number one priority to protect children in this state, and people who commit these heinous crimes against our youth will be arrested and prosecuted."
The Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) agents started investigating the allegations at the request of Gallia County Sheriff Joseph Browning.
"Crimes like this strike at the very heart of a community, and the safety of our children must come first and foremost in law enforcement," said Sheriff Browning. "We are grateful for the specialized assistance that Ohio BCI, through the Attorney General's Office, has given us that helped lead to an arrest in this case. By working together our agencies have shown that these crimes will not be tolerated."
Agents questioned Bush for several hours yesterday before arresting him last night. The investigation is ongoing, and additional charges are possible.
Attorneys from the office of Gallia County Prosecutor Jeff Adkins will prosecute the case.
Attorney General DeWine started the Crimes Against Children Initiative in late 2011. BCI agents assigned to the initiative focus exclusively on preventing crimes against children and investigating suspects who have victimized a child.