- UPDATED: Sound Improved; Huntington's Cutbacks Lead to Retiree's Suicide
- Huntington Council Approves Abandonment, Sale to BB & T
- Combatting Environmental Destruction With Art
- One Nation, Under Sedation: Medicare Paid for Nearly 40 Million Tranquilizer Prescriptions in 2013
- Detroit man living in Huntington pleads guilty to federal gun crime
- Attorney General Morrisey Issues Statement Following Attendance at WOTUS Executive Order Signing Ceremony
- Gender Norms Shattered In New MAC Exhibition
- Toyko Tower Air Filter Filled with Radioactivity from Fukushima
- Japan Declares Crisis As Fukushima Reactor Begins Falling Into Ocean
- W.Va. AG Discusses Coal, Substance Abuse with President Trump
DEVOTION: My Dwelling Place
We have seen it with our own eyes... "where not one stone was left".
The Master said, "Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone will be
left here upon another; all will be thrown down. Beware that no one leads
We can so easily be led astray and put our hearts into a stone facade and
miss the power of God's living Spirit that permeates every cornerstone of
O God, forgive us for putting all our hopes in something home made
instead of your living Spirit that is indestructible and eternal. We are
so vulnerable when it comes to beauty and perfection we think we find in
earthly origination even in the relationships and organizations of people
and nations. Educational institutions and scientific revelation cloud
our thinking when it comes to spiritual truth and God's omnific reality.
Forgive me when I forget how simple you lived in your brief incarnation.
You owned nothing but the garment you wore and you trusted that provision
would come one day at a time. You sought no following ...nor dwelling
place made of stone... you only spoke the truth of God's love ...God's
hope... God's healing... God's peace and God's eternal Spirit made
available in all. Help me remember. Help me to simply open my heart to
your Spirit as my dwelling place.