- Cabell County Schools Announce "Full Day" Policy
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates On Six Week Streak Higher
- DVD Review: 'The Typewriter in the 21st Century': Reports of Its Demise Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Corps of Engineers Announces Awards
- HMDA Approves Two-Tier Keith Albee Donation
- Sesquicentennial Celebration in Ritter Park Thursday
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: Confronting Sexual Abuse
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey to Assess Abortion Regulations in WV
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for June 18, 2013
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for June 17, 2013
Kane Named C-USA Player of the Week
Against Hofstra, Kane recorded the fourth triple-double in Marshall history with 33 points, a career-high 11 rebounds and 10 assists while playing in all 50 minutes of the 103-100 double-overtime loss to the Pride. He became the first Marshall player to record a triple-double with assists.
He also scored 16 points against the University of the District of Columbia and 19 points against South Dakota State. Kane was named to the All-Hempstead Subregional Team as the three games were a part of the 2K Sports Classic benefitting Wounded Warrior Project.
It is the first Player of the Week honor for the Pittsburgh, Pa. native who was a four-time Freshman of the Week selection two seasons ago.
It is the fourth time ever that a Marshall player was named C-USA Player of the Week, the first since Tyler Wilkerson on March 8, 2010.
Kane and the Thundering Herd (2-3) will be back in action on Saturday when it hosts Nevada at 7 p.m.