- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
Mayoral Transition Team Meets Tuesday at City Hall
"Our goal was to be elected, but it was more important to be prepared to govern. The breadth and diversity of this organization reflects the broad scope of that philosophy and the activity we are about to embrace," Williams said.
Anticipating immediately stepping to the plate on economic development proposals, Williams expects the team will "begin in earnest to strategize appropriate next steps."
The transition team includes:
Judge Dan O’Hanlon, Chair (Retired Judge)
Kirk Dodrill, Vice Chair (Downtown business owner, entrepreneur)
Teresa Ball (Retired AFL-CIO Official)
Cathy Burns (Executive, Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing; Former City Development Director)
Richard Cobb (Former Civic Center Director, Community litter activist)
Courtney Proctor Cross (School Teacher; Community Activist – Urban forestry, Storm water management, Animal rights)
Carl Eastham (Retired Huntington Firefighter)
Ray Harrell, Jr., Student Body President, Marshall University
Sean Hornbuckle (Financial Strategist; Former Marshall University Student Body President)
Jim Insco (Insurance Agent, Member Huntington City Council)
Rene Maas, (Retired Hospital Administrator; Former Director of Huntington Main Street; Former Member, Huntington City Council)
Thomas McChesney (Local entrepreneur; Charter organizer, Create Huntington; Columnist)
Clint McElroy (Radio Personality, Local arts community leader, Adjunct Professor Marshall University)
Bishop Sam Moore (Retired Educator; Pastor Full Gospel Assembly, Bishop West Virginia and East Tennessee Council, District 23 of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World)
The Honorable Mark Bates, Chairman Huntington City Council
Bates explained that he will not participate in the transition.
"My role is to convey information to sitting and incoming council members."