- Sheetz Development Narrowly Passes Planning Commission
- 70 Years of Atomic Bombs: Can We Disarm Yet?
- Senate President Cole, Speaker of the House Armstead Pledge to Defend West Virginia's Coal Mining Industry
- University to partner on $20 million scientific research grant
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- $2.09 Per Gallon Gas Called Sign Mechanical Problem
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- UPDATE: Send Inspirational Wishes to Family Facing Grief
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
BOOK REVIEW: 'Shooter's Bible Guide to Firearms Assembly, Disassembly, and Cleaning': Ideal Holiday Gift for Firearms Hobbyist
Double-page spreads filled with photos and illustrations provide manufacturer specifications on each featured model and guide you through disassembly and assembly for rifles, shotguns, handguns, and muzzleloaders. Step-by-step instructions for cleaning help you to care for your firearms safely. This is an outstanding companion to the publisher's latest "Shooter's Bible" and the latest guide to gun values (for my review of these two books: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/49107).
I have several guns that lack manuals, including my M1 carbine, one of my favorite target rifles. There's a nice spread (pages 201-204) on this rifle in Sadowski's book.
Chapters focus on a wide variety of the most popular firearms in several categories, including:
Centerfire and rimfire rifles: autoloader, bolt action, lever action, pump action, and single shot; Shotguns: autoloader, over/under, pump action, single shot, lever action, and side by side; Handguns: pistol, revolver, and derringer; and muzzleloaders.
Along with assembly, disassembly, and cleaning instructions, each featured firearm is accompanied by a brief description and list of important specs, including manufacturer, model, similar models, action, calibers/gauge, capacity, overall length, and weight. With these helpful gun maintenance tips, up-to-date specifications, detailed exploded view line drawings, and multiple photographs for each firearm, the "Shooter’s Bible Guide to Firearms Assembly, Disassembly, and Cleaning" is a great resource for all firearm owners.
About the Author
Robert A. Sadowski is a contributing editor for Gun-Tests and SHOT Business magazines and a contributor to AR Guns and Hunting, Gun Hunter, Cabela’s Outdoor Journal, and Game & Fish, New England Edition magazines. He is the author of the Shooter’s Bible Guide to Combat Handguns (Skyhorse, 2011).