- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- Goebbel Named Marshall Tight Ends Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- OP-ED: Beyond Deterrence, Compassion
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Feb. 27, 2015
Bogaczyk, Cotton Finalists for Prestigious Media Awards
Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 19:02 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
The finalists for the state awards were announced Tuesday by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association in Salisbury, N.C.
Cotton, a nine-time winner of the NSSA state honor, is in his 20th year on the West Virginia Lottery Thundering Herd/IMG Sports Network, and is in his 17th year as the play-by-play “Voice of the Herd.”
Bogaczyk, who joined the Marshall Athletics staff in May, has won the state sportswriter honor twice previously (2007 and ’09) as Sports Editor of the Charleston Daily Mail.
Joining Cotton on the final state sportscaster ballot are WSAZ Sports Director Keith Morehouse, WCHS/WVAH Sports Director Mark Martin and Mountaineer Sports Network play-by-play voice Tony Caridi. All are past NSSA state award winners.
Bogaczyk is joined on the state sportswriter finalists ballot by Charleston Daily Mail Sports Editor Chuck McGill, who won the award last year.