- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Keep Your Promises applauds Credit Suisse for identifying issue of Chemours’ understated liabilities and for demanding more disclosure
- Tornado Watch Continues until 9 p.m. for Cabell County
- Mayor Steve William's Office of Drug Control Policy Invited to White House
- OPINION: Revolution's Matchstick: The Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Fracking Poses Threats to Public Health, Say Experts
- Fire Destroys Parked Car IMAGES
- Salt Storage Shed Now Open
- A Very Merry Christmas Parade Moves Along Fourth Avenue
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
Bogaczyk, Cotton Finalists for Prestigious Media Awards
Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 19:02 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
The finalists for the state awards were announced Tuesday by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association in Salisbury, N.C.
Cotton, a nine-time winner of the NSSA state honor, is in his 20th year on the West Virginia Lottery Thundering Herd/IMG Sports Network, and is in his 17th year as the play-by-play “Voice of the Herd.”
Bogaczyk, who joined the Marshall Athletics staff in May, has won the state sportswriter honor twice previously (2007 and ’09) as Sports Editor of the Charleston Daily Mail.
Joining Cotton on the final state sportscaster ballot are WSAZ Sports Director Keith Morehouse, WCHS/WVAH Sports Director Mark Martin and Mountaineer Sports Network play-by-play voice Tony Caridi. All are past NSSA state award winners.
Bogaczyk is joined on the state sportswriter finalists ballot by Charleston Daily Mail Sports Editor Chuck McGill, who won the award last year.