- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- Four People Arrested following Seizure of Heroin, Cash
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- Rudolph Lands Soon at the Keith
- Bunny Appearing Saturday in Central City
- Detroit Man Arrested as River to Jail Moves Forward
- OP-ED: Inadequate response to Ebola should not be repeated with Chickungunya
- Southwest Ohio Violent Crimes Task Force Successful in First Year of Operation
- Huntington City Council Agenda
Bogaczyk, Cotton Finalists for Prestigious Media Awards
Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 19:02 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
The finalists for the state awards were announced Tuesday by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association in Salisbury, N.C.
Cotton, a nine-time winner of the NSSA state honor, is in his 20th year on the West Virginia Lottery Thundering Herd/IMG Sports Network, and is in his 17th year as the play-by-play “Voice of the Herd.”
Bogaczyk, who joined the Marshall Athletics staff in May, has won the state sportswriter honor twice previously (2007 and ’09) as Sports Editor of the Charleston Daily Mail.
Joining Cotton on the final state sportscaster ballot are WSAZ Sports Director Keith Morehouse, WCHS/WVAH Sports Director Mark Martin and Mountaineer Sports Network play-by-play voice Tony Caridi. All are past NSSA state award winners.
Bogaczyk is joined on the state sportswriter finalists ballot by Charleston Daily Mail Sports Editor Chuck McGill, who won the award last year.