- Washington D.C. To Hold Massive "Coordinated Terror Attack" Drill This Wednesday
- Huntington Council Reduces Top Police Ranks
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Alleged Drug Suppliers, Prostitutes Rounded Up in Huntington
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Iceland knows how to stop teen substance abuse; No one else listening
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Casto to speak at Library lunch
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Huntington Clarifies Purposes of America's Best Community Contest and Winnings ; General Fund Not Recipient
Bogaczyk, Cotton Finalists for Prestigious Media Awards
Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 19:02 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
The finalists for the state awards were announced Tuesday by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association in Salisbury, N.C.
Cotton, a nine-time winner of the NSSA state honor, is in his 20th year on the West Virginia Lottery Thundering Herd/IMG Sports Network, and is in his 17th year as the play-by-play “Voice of the Herd.”
Bogaczyk, who joined the Marshall Athletics staff in May, has won the state sportswriter honor twice previously (2007 and ’09) as Sports Editor of the Charleston Daily Mail.
Joining Cotton on the final state sportscaster ballot are WSAZ Sports Director Keith Morehouse, WCHS/WVAH Sports Director Mark Martin and Mountaineer Sports Network play-by-play voice Tony Caridi. All are past NSSA state award winners.
Bogaczyk is joined on the state sportswriter finalists ballot by Charleston Daily Mail Sports Editor Chuck McGill, who won the award last year.