- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- Potential Upscale Hotel Approved for Kinetic Park
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- Grand opening of Visual Arts Center slated for Sept. 18-19
- Miss West Virginia Competes in Miss America Pageant Tonight
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
Marshall Hits the Road for Texas A&M Classic
The Thundering Herd will start the classic-style event with Marquette on Friday at 5:30 p.m. ET. The game will be the first ever meeting between the two women’s basketball programs.
Marshall will take a one-day hiatus on Saturday before playing in a contest against Southern on Sunday at 12 p.m. ET. The Herd and Jaguars have faced each other once before, with Marshall taking a 61-50 victory in the Cam Henderson Center in 2006.
Coming off a 70-45 win over Ball State this past Saturday, Marshall claims a plus-12.3 rebounding margin for the season. The Thundering Herd posted 56 boards in the victory against the Cardinals, 31 of which came on the offensive board.
Sophomore Shay Weaver leads the Herd with 12.0 points per game, while Chukwuka Ezeigbo recently earned Marshall’s first double-double of the season against Ball State and has a team-high 7.7 rebounds per game.
A LOOK AT MARQUETTE
The Golden Eagles hold a 1-1 record after defeating Butler and recently losing to Georgia Tech, 76-72. The team is averaging 72.5 points per game, shooting 46.8 percent from the field and combining for an efficient 44.8 percentage average in three-pointers.
Four players are averaging double-digit point totals, but Arlesia Morse leads with 15.5 points per game. Katie Young follows with 14.0 points per game, going 10-for-15 from the field this season. Sarina Simmons leads the team in rebounds with 7.5 boards per game and has four blocks and four steals.
A LOOK AT SOUTHERN
The Jaguars are searching for their first win this season, totaling a 0-3 record after losing to Louisiana, Tulane and South Alabama. The team has been limited to 45 points or less in the past two games and is allowing teams 13.3 steals per game, compared to their 5.7.
Kendra Coleman leads Southern with 11.3 points per game, going 56.5 percent from the field this season. Adrian Sanders follows with 10.7 points per game, while Lechell Rush leads the team with 7.3 rebounds per game.