- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Shots Fired on Barboursville Wal Mart Parking Lot; One Arrest Made
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
- RETRO: Huntington Christmas Parade IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Huntington's A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Huntington Prepares for Ho-Ho-Ho
Men’s Basketball Serves Thanksgiving Dinner
Coaches, players and staff followed a late morning practice with some volunteer time as they pitched in wherever a helpful hand was needed.
“A lot of people don’t get to have a good meal on Thanksgiving,” said senior forward Nigel Spikes. “It feels good just to give back.”
Some of the Herd worked in the kitchen placing turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls and many other Thanksgiving favorites on the serving trays. Many players worked as waiters, delivering the food to the tables while others were on clean up duty.
“Coming out there to the shelter makes us realize how blessed we are,” said sophomore guard Chirs Martin. “It’s always great to give back. Sometimes we get caught up in basketball things and this helps keep everything in perspective.”
The team also spent time signing autographs, taking pictures and having conversations with the guests of the city mission.
The Herd will be in action on Saturday as it hosts Nevada at 7 p.m. inside the Cam Henderson Center