- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Dungeon Dwellers Hosts Halloween Comicfest IMAGES
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- No Erosion Issues for Proposed Huntington Development
- Huntington Police Make Weekend Drug, Robbery Arrests
- WVDNR’s electronic game check system provides opening day buck harvest numbers
Marshall Hosts Nevada Saturday at 7 p.m.
The Thundering Herd is 2-3 on the season while the Wolf Pack is 3-1. Saturday’s meeting at the Cam Henderson Center will be the first one for the two teams since Jan. 3, 1996. Nevada won that game in Reno 92-83 and leads the all-time series 2-1.
It will be a battle of reigning players of the week as Marshall’s DeAndre Kane earned the honor for Conference USA after averaging 22.7 points, 5.7 rebounds and 9.0 assists over three games last week. The junior guard leads the team with 18.0 points per game and 8.4 assists per game, a mark that ranks third in the NCAA.
Also a junior guard is Nevada’s Deonte Burton who was the Mountain West Co-Player of the Week after averaging 17.3 points, 3.5 rebounds, 3.5 steals, 3.0 assists and 2.0 blocks while hitting several clutch shots in the Wolf Pack’s 3-0 week. He is averaging a team-high 15.0 points per game.
The Wolf Pack has won three consecutive games after suffering a season-opening loss at UC Irvine. The Herd has lost its last two games by a combined four points with a 78-77 loss against South Dakota State and a 103-100 double-overtime loss at Hofstra.
The game can be heard on the radio throughout the Thundering Herd IMG Sports Network. It can be viewed and herd online with a paid subscription to Herd All-Access. Gametracker can be accessed through HerdZone.com. Follow @Herd_Zone on twitter for scoring updates in every game throughout the season.