- Marquee Pullman & Pullman Square Turn 10
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marshall University receives in-kind software grant from Siemens PLM Software
- Bates Supports Budget Reductions to Offset Shortfall Projection
- Marshall Men's Basketball: Herd Falls to Seventh-Ranked Louisville, 85-67
- Highlanders Triumph Over Midland
- US Attorney Collects Over $8 Million for Taxpayers
- Manchin Statement on President's Immigration Executive Actions
- Schray earns national honors as top professor in West Virginia
- No. 18 @HerdFB Holds Off UAB; Improves to 11-0
Marshall Hosts Nevada Saturday at 7 p.m.
The Thundering Herd is 2-3 on the season while the Wolf Pack is 3-1. Saturday’s meeting at the Cam Henderson Center will be the first one for the two teams since Jan. 3, 1996. Nevada won that game in Reno 92-83 and leads the all-time series 2-1.
It will be a battle of reigning players of the week as Marshall’s DeAndre Kane earned the honor for Conference USA after averaging 22.7 points, 5.7 rebounds and 9.0 assists over three games last week. The junior guard leads the team with 18.0 points per game and 8.4 assists per game, a mark that ranks third in the NCAA.
Also a junior guard is Nevada’s Deonte Burton who was the Mountain West Co-Player of the Week after averaging 17.3 points, 3.5 rebounds, 3.5 steals, 3.0 assists and 2.0 blocks while hitting several clutch shots in the Wolf Pack’s 3-0 week. He is averaging a team-high 15.0 points per game.
The Wolf Pack has won three consecutive games after suffering a season-opening loss at UC Irvine. The Herd has lost its last two games by a combined four points with a 78-77 loss against South Dakota State and a 103-100 double-overtime loss at Hofstra.
The game can be heard on the radio throughout the Thundering Herd IMG Sports Network. It can be viewed and herd online with a paid subscription to Herd All-Access. Gametracker can be accessed through HerdZone.com. Follow @Herd_Zone on twitter for scoring updates in every game throughout the season.