- REVISED: HPD Makes Three Arrests for Auto Tampering; Grand Larceny , Burglary Reports Taken
- Free Classic Regatta Returns to Huntington
- Mrs. West Virginia Uses Breast Cancer Diagnosis to Shed Light on Importance of Clinical Trials and Never Giving Up Hope
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Pipestem Resort State Park controlled deer hunt applications available for Nov. 3, 4 and 5
- Cabell County Schedules Off Site Special School Board Meeting
- Cabell County Death Investigated; HPD Continue Possession of Controlled Substance Arrests
- Tell EPA: Stop Dangerous Radioactive Drinking Water
- Democratic Convention Will Showcase A Diverse, United, Energized Democratic Party Rallying Around Hillary Clinton
ARTS Announces First Resident Acting Company
The Resident Acting Company is a new venture for ARTS, which will present six shows in the New Year. Resident directors for the season selected the actors after auditions and interviews were conducted at The Renaissance Center on November 16 and 17, 2012.
"The directors are elated at the caliber of talent presented during auditions," said Bil Neal, ARTS current President and resident director.
The actors were selected because of what they have to offer to our 2013 season, he continued.
Each member of the Resident Acting Company has accepted a role in at least three of the six season shows and one technical role, such as stage crew or costuming. Company members will also be able to study theatre and other arts-related classes offered by ARTS at no cost.
"The ARTS resident directors couldn’t be happier with this solid and diverse base on which to build our upcoming season," beamed Neal. Open auditions for the six shows will be held prior to each production for all remaining roles.
Members of the 2013 Resident Acting Company include: Joanna Berner, Jonathan Maynard, Clay McKnight, Sheila Meade, Len Trent and Tiffany Trent, all of Ashland, KY; Sarah Diamond Burroway and Emma Imes of Flatwoods, KY; Gregory Picklesimer of Greenup, KY.
Marnie Riddell, Charleston, WV; Stevie Brigode, Cross Lanes, WV; Jenn Naglee, Michael Naglee, Karen Pruitt, Tristan Reynolds, Linda Reynolds, Eric Wilson and Simon Woods, all of Huntington, WV; and Amy Knell Carlson, Milton, WV.
The ARTS resident directors for 2013 are: Neal, Gene Anthony, Stephen Vance, and Mike Murdock. Coni Anthony will serve as resident choreographer.
"We believe that to be a true resource for the arts for the Tri-State, that we must aspire to something greater," Neal explained.
By having a season that includes three musicals and three non-musicals, with four on the Renaissance Center main stage and two in the ballroom, ARTS will continue to grow, he said.
"Now, in ARTS’ eleventh year, we are forming a community of talented, dedicated, hard-working artisans, striving for the best possible theatre we can create together," concluded Neal.
The six show schedule for 2013 includes: "Cabaret," February 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2013; "Julius Caesar," March 15, 16, 22, and 23, 2013; "How to Succeed in Business," May 24, 25, 26, 31 and June 1, 2, 2013.
"The Man Who Came to Dinner," August 16, 17, 23, 24, 2013; "Shenandoah," October 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 2013; and Neil Simon’s "Laughter on the 23th Floor," November 29, 30 and December 6, 7, 2013.