- Huntington Police Seach for Armed Robber; Another Reported on Washington Avenue
- W.Va. AG Warns Consumers of DMV Impostor Scam
- Man Arrested in West End of Huntingtotn for Possession
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- In Wells Fargo Case, News Really Did Happen To An Editor
- Attorney General Morrisey Fights To Protect Coal Jobs At Crucial Moment
- CSB Releases Final Report into 2014 Freedom Industries Mass Contamination of Charleston, West Virginia Drinking Water
- DEVELOPING ... FIRST LOOK: "Deepwater Horizon" Frantic Destruction Overlooking Environmental Consequences
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Rock 105 “Everything That Rocks” Presents Auggie Smith & Henry Phillips Live At The Ariel-Dater Theatre
This show is part two of a four-part series that includes other national comedians such as Bob Zany, Tim Cavanagh, Mike Armstrong & Donnie Baker. Tickets for this show as well as all shows in this series can be purchased in advance for $18.00 per ticket or for $20.00 at the door. Individual show tickets are now on sale. Tickets can be purchased by visiting www.arieltheatre.org, calling The Ariel-Dater Theatre at 740-446-ARTS (2787) or by visiting the Ariel-Dater Theatre at 426 Second Ave., Gallipolis, OH 45631. Box office hours for The Ariel-Dater Theatre are Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Henry Phillips has been seen and heard performing his twisted songs and stories on 'Comedy Central Presents', ABC’s ’Jimmy Kimmel Live’, and such nationally syndicated radio shows as 'Bob and Tom' and 'The Dr. Demento Show', among many others. His critically acclaimed CDs, fusing mellow folk-rock ballads with psychopathic lyrics have earned him mention in Billboard magazine’s ’Critic’s Choice’, as well as acclaim from such notable artists as Moby, who refers to Phillips' songs as "disconcertingly funny". His semi-biographical comedy film "Punching the Clown" received the Audience award at Slamdance film festival '09, and is currently available on Netflix and iTunes.
When Auggie Smith takes the stage, audiences across the country quickly realize that they’re in for an evening of riveting, take-no-prisoners standup comedy. During Auggie’s set, pop culture and political targets are dissected piece by piece into intelligently written manic rants. His seamless rapid-fire style brings a much needed youthful enthusiasm to stand-up comedy.
A favorite at comedy clubs across the US and Canada, Smith first achieved national recognition on the syndicated Bob and Tom radio show (heard in more than 150 markets). This led to him playing sold out shows with the hugely popular “Friends of Bob and Tom Comedy Tour”. A seasoned veteran of standup, Smith has appeared on Comedy Central’s “Live At Gotham” and NBC’s“Last Comic Standing” to great acclaim. He is the star of his own standup DVD, Cult Following, and his comedy rants are in heavy rotation on both XM and Sirius satellite radio.
For more information about Henry Phillips, or to view his comedy, please visit his website at www.henryphillips.com . For more information about Auggie Smith, or to view his comedy, please visit his website at www.auggiesmith.com . For more information regarding this show or to schedule an interview with either of these comedians, please contact Jonathan Block at (989) 213-7371 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.