- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- Cleveland OD Deaths Prompt Public Health Warning
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- DEVELOPING: Huntington Council Passes All Second Readings
- Huntington man first sentenced for role in drug ring; Over $180,000 Forfeited
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
- Heroin dealer residing near Marshall University sentenced to federal prison for drug crime
Huntington Museum of Art Gift Shop to be First December Cash Mob Recipient
Create Huntington will draw the name of December Cash Mob recipients every Monday in the month. Winners are posted to the Create Huntington Facebook page that afternoon. The business selected will be “Mobbed” the following Saturday. Anyone is welcome to nominate a business to be Cash Mobbed. To nominate a business, go to: http://www.createhuntington.com/getinvolved/cash-mob-nominations/. Winners will be randomly drawn from all nominations submitted.
The idea behind the Cash Mob is similar in concept to a Flash Mob but here the goal is to express appreciation and support for local businesses. People gather at the designated business to “mob” them with support and cash. Anyone is welcome to participate. Participants are encouraged to spend at least $10 at the business being “Mobbed.” It’s a wonderful opportunity to meet others in the community and to express your appreciation to a local business.
The Cash Mob was introduced to Huntington by the grassroots community development organization, Create Huntington. Residents discussed the idea at a February 2012 Create Huntington Chat ‘n Chew and decided to launch the program, which supports locally owned businesses, in March. Other Cash Mob recipients have included River & Rail Bakery, Bottle & Wedge, Simply Whisk, Sip Wine Bar, and Tropical Moon Yogurt.
The Huntington Museum of Art Gift Shop is located next to the museum entrance. It is open 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday – Saturday, and noon – 5 p.m. Sunday. The shop sells a number of unique and local gift items, including: hand-painted enamel, reverse painting on glass, handblown glass, Blenko glass, Hinkle glass, toys, one-of-a-kind jewelry, stationery, folk art, and regional artworks. For information on the Huntington Museum of art, go to www.hmoa.org.
For information on Create Huntington, go to www.createhuntington.com.