- Three more defendants plead guilty for roles in California-to-West Virginia drug conspiracy
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Ex-Satanist John Ramirez Now Trains Christians at Supernatural Boot Camps
- Former Marriott employee pleads guilty to wire fraud for embezzling close to $1 million
- W.Va. AG Reaffirms Advice to Local Schools Against Obama’s Transgender Overreach
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Delayed, Denied, Dismissed: Failures on the FOIA
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Marshall Board of Governors holds first meeting of fall semester
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Lifted for 22nd Street/9th Avenue Area of Huntington
Huntington Museum of Art Gift Shop to be First December Cash Mob Recipient
Create Huntington will draw the name of December Cash Mob recipients every Monday in the month. Winners are posted to the Create Huntington Facebook page that afternoon. The business selected will be “Mobbed” the following Saturday. Anyone is welcome to nominate a business to be Cash Mobbed. To nominate a business, go to: http://www.createhuntington.com/getinvolved/cash-mob-nominations/. Winners will be randomly drawn from all nominations submitted.
The idea behind the Cash Mob is similar in concept to a Flash Mob but here the goal is to express appreciation and support for local businesses. People gather at the designated business to “mob” them with support and cash. Anyone is welcome to participate. Participants are encouraged to spend at least $10 at the business being “Mobbed.” It’s a wonderful opportunity to meet others in the community and to express your appreciation to a local business.
The Cash Mob was introduced to Huntington by the grassroots community development organization, Create Huntington. Residents discussed the idea at a February 2012 Create Huntington Chat ‘n Chew and decided to launch the program, which supports locally owned businesses, in March. Other Cash Mob recipients have included River & Rail Bakery, Bottle & Wedge, Simply Whisk, Sip Wine Bar, and Tropical Moon Yogurt.
The Huntington Museum of Art Gift Shop is located next to the museum entrance. It is open 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday – Saturday, and noon – 5 p.m. Sunday. The shop sells a number of unique and local gift items, including: hand-painted enamel, reverse painting on glass, handblown glass, Blenko glass, Hinkle glass, toys, one-of-a-kind jewelry, stationery, folk art, and regional artworks. For information on the Huntington Museum of art, go to www.hmoa.org.
For information on Create Huntington, go to www.createhuntington.com.