- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- Easter Egg Hunts Scheduled
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- Two W.Va. manufacturers selected as finalists in Shale Innovation contest
- After Demolition of Huntington Pilot Plant, U 235 and U 238 Contamination Deemed Low; Baseline Soil in Ohio River Basin High in Nickel Contamination Then
- Stabbing Victims Treated and Released following Altercation Saturday Morning
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 17, 2014
- DEVELOPING: New Documents from NRC/DOE on Huntington Pilot Plant
- Green-White game, fountain ceremony, banquet highlight Alumni Weekend
Huntington Museum of Art Gift Shop to be First December Cash Mob Recipient
Create Huntington will draw the name of December Cash Mob recipients every Monday in the month. Winners are posted to the Create Huntington Facebook page that afternoon. The business selected will be “Mobbed” the following Saturday. Anyone is welcome to nominate a business to be Cash Mobbed. To nominate a business, go to: http://www.createhuntington.com/getinvolved/cash-mob-nominations/. Winners will be randomly drawn from all nominations submitted.
The idea behind the Cash Mob is similar in concept to a Flash Mob but here the goal is to express appreciation and support for local businesses. People gather at the designated business to “mob” them with support and cash. Anyone is welcome to participate. Participants are encouraged to spend at least $10 at the business being “Mobbed.” It’s a wonderful opportunity to meet others in the community and to express your appreciation to a local business.
The Cash Mob was introduced to Huntington by the grassroots community development organization, Create Huntington. Residents discussed the idea at a February 2012 Create Huntington Chat ‘n Chew and decided to launch the program, which supports locally owned businesses, in March. Other Cash Mob recipients have included River & Rail Bakery, Bottle & Wedge, Simply Whisk, Sip Wine Bar, and Tropical Moon Yogurt.
The Huntington Museum of Art Gift Shop is located next to the museum entrance. It is open 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday – Saturday, and noon – 5 p.m. Sunday. The shop sells a number of unique and local gift items, including: hand-painted enamel, reverse painting on glass, handblown glass, Blenko glass, Hinkle glass, toys, one-of-a-kind jewelry, stationery, folk art, and regional artworks. For information on the Huntington Museum of art, go to www.hmoa.org.
For information on Create Huntington, go to www.createhuntington.com.