- Council Moves Gun Range to Second Reading
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology rated in nation’s top 50
- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- DEVOTION: Fat Tuesday
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- School of Pharmacy receives grant from Walgreens for diversity initiatives
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- First Alert donates 175 smoke, carbon monoxide alarms to Fire Department
- Huntington Receives Donation of Life Saving Drug
I-64 Rivalry Continues Wednesday at 7 p.m.
The Herd (3-3) is coming off an 89-82 win over Nevada in a game that was more one-sided than the final score indicates. Marshall never trailed and held a lead of 23 halfway through the second half before withstanding a comeback attempt by the Wolf Pack.
DeAndre Kane leads the Herd with 16.5 points per game. He has excelled at the point guard position with 9.2 assists per contest, the second best mark in the country.
Marshall has gotten a lift from its junior college transfers Elijah Pittman and D.D. Scarver. Pittman is averaging 15.5 points per game while Scarver is at 13.7. Both have been productive from the three-point line as they have combined to hit 24-of-59 attempts (41 percent) from beyond-the-arc.
Morehead State (4-2) is coming off a 73-67 win over Norfolk State on Monday. The Eagles only two losses have come at Kentucky (81-70) and at Maryland (67-45).
Senior forward Milton Chavis leads Morehead State with 18.5 points per game. He has hit 55.6 percent of his field goals and is 13-of-26 from three-point range.
Marshall leads the all-time series 49-44 including a 27-19 mark in Huntington. The I-64 rivalry is Marshall’s third most played series behind Charleston/Morris Harvey (117) and Ohio (98). The Herd has dominated the series in recent years, winning 11 of the last 13 meetings including a 69-56 win on Dec. 1, 2007, the last time the two teams played.
The game can be heard on the radio throughout the Thundering Herd IMG Sports Network. It can be viewed and herd online with a paid subscription to Herd All-Access. Gametracker can be accessed through HerdZone.com. Follow @Herd_Zone on twitter for scoring updates in every game throughout the season.