- REALTORS: Pending Home Sales Slow in October but Remain Higher Than a Year Ago
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Nothing less than a complete commitment to safety at Hanford is acceptable
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- Huntington Plans 12 Days of Christmas Celebration
- Services Held for Late WSAZ News Icon
- Prudent Budget Cuts Approved; Ten New Officers on Hold
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marshall No. 24 in College Football Playoff Rankings
- Suit Planned over Hanford Chemical Vapor, Radiation
I-64 Rivalry Continues Wednesday at 7 p.m.
The Herd (3-3) is coming off an 89-82 win over Nevada in a game that was more one-sided than the final score indicates. Marshall never trailed and held a lead of 23 halfway through the second half before withstanding a comeback attempt by the Wolf Pack.
DeAndre Kane leads the Herd with 16.5 points per game. He has excelled at the point guard position with 9.2 assists per contest, the second best mark in the country.
Marshall has gotten a lift from its junior college transfers Elijah Pittman and D.D. Scarver. Pittman is averaging 15.5 points per game while Scarver is at 13.7. Both have been productive from the three-point line as they have combined to hit 24-of-59 attempts (41 percent) from beyond-the-arc.
Morehead State (4-2) is coming off a 73-67 win over Norfolk State on Monday. The Eagles only two losses have come at Kentucky (81-70) and at Maryland (67-45).
Senior forward Milton Chavis leads Morehead State with 18.5 points per game. He has hit 55.6 percent of his field goals and is 13-of-26 from three-point range.
Marshall leads the all-time series 49-44 including a 27-19 mark in Huntington. The I-64 rivalry is Marshall’s third most played series behind Charleston/Morris Harvey (117) and Ohio (98). The Herd has dominated the series in recent years, winning 11 of the last 13 meetings including a 69-56 win on Dec. 1, 2007, the last time the two teams played.
The game can be heard on the radio throughout the Thundering Herd IMG Sports Network. It can be viewed and herd online with a paid subscription to Herd All-Access. Gametracker can be accessed through HerdZone.com. Follow @Herd_Zone on twitter for scoring updates in every game throughout the season.