- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- How Will a Good Ole' Boy Hollywood Treat Female 'Pleasures' in "Fifty Shades of Grey?'
- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
Architectural, consulting firms seek input from public for Marshall’s 2013 Facilities/Land Use Master Plan
The topics of the open house are Introduction to Campus Master Plan and Identification of Goals and Concerns. The master plan will be presented to MU’s Board of Governors by September 2013 and to the Higher Education Policy Commission by December 2013, according to Dr. Karen Kirtley, Marshall’s senior vice president for administration.
Marshall’s most recent master plan update was approved by the Board of Governors in 2003. The campus/community open house takes place from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 4 in room BE5, located on the lower level of the Memorial Student Center on the university’s Huntington campus.
The public is invited to meet with the consultants and share ideas.Conducting the open house will be the consulting firm of SmithGroup JJR from Ann Arbor, Mich., which will have representatives at Marshall Dec. 3-6. In addition to SmithGroup JJR, the consultant team consists of Corbin Design, Michael Baker, Jr. Inc., Paulien and Associates, and The Protection Engineering Group.