- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
WVSU Hosting Shorts Film Festival Nov 28
“I'm very pleased to see so many students take part in our artistic experiment, expressing themselves creatively in many different ways,” Holdren said.
The Film Festival will begin at 4 p.m. with the viewing of films submitted by area high school students. Undergraduate submissions will screen beginning at 5:10 p.m., while submissions from graduate students will begin screening at 6:40 p.m.
Films will be evaluated by a panel of judges and awards will be given in the high school and undergraduate categories at the conclusion of the evening. Graduate student films are screening out of competition.
Winning films will receive a plaque and prize money.
Films are limited to 10 minutes in length for the high school category, 15 minutes for the undergraduate category and 20 minutes for the graduate category. The content of the movies is equivalent to, or under, that of a PG-13 rating.
The Film Festival is sponsored by WVSU's Department of Communications and Media Studies. Admission is free.