- IMAGES: Major March Snowfall, Power Outages Lead to State of Huntington Emergency
- DEVELOPING... Garbage Pickup in Progress; Pump Stations Operating, Warming Stations Open, Downed Trees Block Roads
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Chuck Pagano, Andrew Luck, Dwayne Allen, David DeCastro, Diana DeGarmo, Ace Young, Dennis Haysbert, Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev Join USO Tour
- UPDATED: 17% still without Power in Cabell, WV
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 4, 2015
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
HNN Contributor Sir Ronald Sanders Honored by Australia
Sir Ronald Sanders has been awarded
ORDER OF AUSTRALIA
Appointed an honorary Member (AM) in the General Division
Gazetted on 30th November 2012 by the Office of the
Governor-General of Australia
NAME :Sir Ronald Sanders
POSITION :Member of the Commonwealth Eminent Persons Group, international consultant, a writer and a former senior Caribbean diplomat
CITATION :For service to Australian relations, particularly concerning Commonwealth issues and advancing the interests of small developing states of the Caribbean region.
Sir Ronald Sanders is a member of the Commonwealth Eminent Persons Group (EPG) and an international consultant, writer and a former senior Caribbean diplomat (19821987 and 19962004).
Over the past 30 years, Sir Ronald has significantly contributed to expressing the concerns of the Caribbean region, particularly championing the interests of its small developing states, and the Commonwealth. During the course of his career, he has served on numerous committees and advisory boards formulating and implement policies which affect the Caribbean and the Commonwealth. Sir Ronald has been, and is, a voice for the Commonwealth and developing Caribbean states through his diplomatic work and advocacy as well as his many publications and the media.
At the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in November 2009, the EPG was established to undertake an examination of options for reform to bring the Commonwealth’s many institutions into a stronger and more effective framework of cooperation and partnership. Sir Ronald and nine other EPG members produced the report: A Commonwealth of the People – Time for Urgent Reform. He was an important source of advice to the EPG on the Commonwealth as an institution and on its benefits to the governments and people of all its member states. Sir Ronald also wrote the initial draft of the report which, when finalised by the EPG, was a centrepiece of discussion at the CHOGM in Perth in October 2011.