- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- Update regarding arrangements for President Stephen J. Kopp
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- $230,000 water infrastructure replacement project will replace a critical 16-inch Barboursville transmission line
UPDATED: Firefighter Boot Drive Friday for City Mission; Separate Donations Sought for Cricket's Kids, Toy Train Too
Firefighters collected at the 20th Street and Third Avenue intersection (across from the stadium) and on 13th Street and Fifth Avenue. Funds raised by the Huntington Fire Department go exclusively to the Huntington City Mission.
Separate organizations (not affiliated with the HFD) are also seeking toys and donations are also being collected for the Cricket’s Kids Christmas Party set for Sunday, Dec. 16. Last year, more than 2,000 children received gifts. During the City Council meeting, Teresa Loudermilk asked that the effort be remembered even if the donation is only a dollar.
For further details, call (304) 429-2618 or (304) 412-2032.
Preparations continue, also, for the annual Toy Train Party, Saturday , Dec. 8, across from the Nawab Restaurant. Live entertainment and a buffet will be available. Admission is an unwrapped toy or $25. Click, https://www.facebook.com/events/161748153971151