- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Marshall College of Science and West Virginia Science Adventures program host STEAM summer camp for K-12
- FLASHBACK: "Eyes Right," a Memorial Day Favorite
- Casting Call for Seductive Female for WV Music Video
- Legislature Completes Supplemental Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2016
- FIRST LOOK: Feminist Alice, Steps Through the Glass to Find... Sibling Rivalry
- Marshall athletic training student receives 2016 NATA Foundation Scholarship
Firefighter Safety Grants Available
“I have long been an ardent supporter of federal funding to support public safety on the local level,” said Rahall. “We cannot overstate the importance of raising the public’s awareness of fire prevention measures and improving firefighter safety to reduce fatalities and injuries caused by fire and fire-related hazards every year. The meaning of these words becomes more profound, barely describing the commitment made every day by our firefighters, who risk their own well-being each time they answer an emergency call.”
FEMA will award funding under its Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S) Grant Program. FP&S grants are awarded to local fire departments to support projects in two categories: activities designed to reach high-risk target groups and mitigate the incidence of death and injuries caused by fire and fire-related hazards (“Fire Prevention and Safety Activity”) and projects aimed at improving firefighter safety, health and wellness through research and development that reduces firefighter fatalities and injuries (“Firefighter Safety Research and Development Activity”).
The application period for the FY 2012 FP&S Grant Program opens Monday, December 17, 2012 and will close on Friday, January 18, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET). In the interim, the FY 2012 FP&S Funding Opportunity Announcement, application materials, and Get Ready Guides are available for review at www.fema.gov/firegrants.