- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- UPDATED LINKS: Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- Send Off Planned for Huntington Highlanders to State Championship
- WORK SESSION: Council Holds Solemn Preparation, While Discussing Skatepark, Comprehensive Plan
- Day Three: Stewart Receives 2013 NMPA Myers Brothers Award
- Police seized hundreds of thousands in cash, firearms and pills during investigation
- BREAKING... Condolences to Huntington Mayor Steve Williams & Family on the Passing of his Dad.
- Huntington Mayor's Dad, Dr. Don Williams Passes
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Bicycle Derailleurs, Girls' Jacket Sets, and Other Product Recalls
Firefighter Safety Grants Available
“I have long been an ardent supporter of federal funding to support public safety on the local level,” said Rahall. “We cannot overstate the importance of raising the public’s awareness of fire prevention measures and improving firefighter safety to reduce fatalities and injuries caused by fire and fire-related hazards every year. The meaning of these words becomes more profound, barely describing the commitment made every day by our firefighters, who risk their own well-being each time they answer an emergency call.”
FEMA will award funding under its Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S) Grant Program. FP&S grants are awarded to local fire departments to support projects in two categories: activities designed to reach high-risk target groups and mitigate the incidence of death and injuries caused by fire and fire-related hazards (“Fire Prevention and Safety Activity”) and projects aimed at improving firefighter safety, health and wellness through research and development that reduces firefighter fatalities and injuries (“Firefighter Safety Research and Development Activity”).
The application period for the FY 2012 FP&S Grant Program opens Monday, December 17, 2012 and will close on Friday, January 18, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET). In the interim, the FY 2012 FP&S Funding Opportunity Announcement, application materials, and Get Ready Guides are available for review at www.fema.gov/firegrants.