- Q and A with Mayor Steve Williams: Audits ALWAYS have Findings....
- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- Motown Experience to Raise Funds for Keith Albee
- Special Prosecutor Will Be Appointed in Cabell County Regarding State Police Investigation of Mayor's Sick Leave Payment to Skip Holbrook
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Groups Coalesce Against Fracking Activity in Ohio River Valley
- Huntington Buns on Bikes Race IMAGES
- Christmas Kente Ceremony for winter graduates is Saturday at Marshall
- CFPB Takes Action to End Student 'Debt Relief' Scams; CFPB Warns Borrowers About Companies Charging High Fees for Free Federal Loan Repayment Programs
Firefighter Safety Grants Available
“I have long been an ardent supporter of federal funding to support public safety on the local level,” said Rahall. “We cannot overstate the importance of raising the public’s awareness of fire prevention measures and improving firefighter safety to reduce fatalities and injuries caused by fire and fire-related hazards every year. The meaning of these words becomes more profound, barely describing the commitment made every day by our firefighters, who risk their own well-being each time they answer an emergency call.”
FEMA will award funding under its Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S) Grant Program. FP&S grants are awarded to local fire departments to support projects in two categories: activities designed to reach high-risk target groups and mitigate the incidence of death and injuries caused by fire and fire-related hazards (“Fire Prevention and Safety Activity”) and projects aimed at improving firefighter safety, health and wellness through research and development that reduces firefighter fatalities and injuries (“Firefighter Safety Research and Development Activity”).
The application period for the FY 2012 FP&S Grant Program opens Monday, December 17, 2012 and will close on Friday, January 18, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET). In the interim, the FY 2012 FP&S Funding Opportunity Announcement, application materials, and Get Ready Guides are available for review at www.fema.gov/firegrants.