- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Attorney General Morrisey, 21 States Win Gun Rights Victory
- Protecting the integrity of Social Security
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Council Deliberating Legislative Hate Crime Recommendation
- COLUMN: The Republican Debate: Who Goes First?
- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- Mathematics awarded $170K grant from National Security Agency
- More than $200,000 in Heroin, Cocaine Seized as Part of Ongoing Drug Trafficking Investigation
- WAAAHHHH…but we don’t wanna get arrested!!
Marshall Hosts UNCW Saturday at 7 p.m.
Last season, the Herd (4-3) won for the first time in the three-game series, 69-64 in Wilmington. The Seahawks (3-3) lead the all-time series 2-1.
Marshall is coming off its second consecutive win, a 70-67 victory over Morehead State on Wednesday. The Herd won despite scoring 10 points under its season average of 80.7, currently the 22nd-best mark in the NCAA. UNCW is averaging just 53.7 points per game.
Junior guard DeAndre Kane leads the team in scoring with 16.0 points per game. New to the point guard position this season, Kane ranks second in the nation with 8.9 assists per game.
Junior college transfers Elijah Pittman and D.D. Scarver have been welcome additions so far as the two have each averaged 14.1 points per game and are Marshall’s best three-point threats.
UNCW is coming off a 61-60 win over Hampton last Saturday to improve to 3-0 in home games as opposed to its 0-3 record on the road. Senior forward Keith Rendleman leads the Seahawks in several categories including points (16.3) and rebounds (9.7).
Rendleman is one of seven players from North Carolina on its roster. UNCW also has three players in close proximity to Huntington in Nate Anderson (Ashville, Ohio), C.J. Gettys (Findlay, Ohio) and Craig Ponder (Bluefield, W.Va.).
The game can be heard on the radio throughout the Thundering Herd IMG Sports Network. It can be viewed and herd online with a paid subscription to Herd All-Access. Gametracker can be accessed through HerdZone.com. Follow @Herd_Zone on twitter for scoring updates in every game throughout the season.
5$ Tickets: All fans are encouraged bring canned goods to the Cam Henderson Center for Saturday's game against UNC Wilmington. For every can donated, one half-price general admission ticket ($5) may be purchased. Marshall student-athletes will be collecting canned goods at all four entrances to the Henderson Center. All donations benefit the Huntington area food bank.