- Ralph Nader Radio Show airs Portsmouth "Toxic Avengers" Concerning Nuclear Whistle Blowers
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- Property Rescue Initiatives to be Discussed
- Panda Hugs and Crafts Greet Marquee Pullman Moviegoers IMAGES
- "Elsa" Visits Children at South Charleston Library IMAGES
- Charlie's Harley Davidson Recognized for Superior Performance
- “Mauritius” to open Marshall Theatre’s semester Feb. 17
- Over the River….to Grandparent’s House We Go
- Newly Engaged? WV Weddings Magazine offering last minute Valentine’s Day gift perfect for any Bride-to-be
Food Donations Sought at Irish Tenors Performance
Each month the Cridlin Food Pantry, a consortium of 12 local churches housed at Trinity Episcopal, collects a specific canned food item through the week given by its members. Members also volunteer at the pantry on the fourth Monday of every month. Coordination for this ministry is led by Jack Spurlock.
A common misconception is that food pantries and banks only help the homeless, but so many more are in need including neighbors, coworkers, children and elderly. Nearly 49 million people suffer from food insecurity, and learning the truth about the issue is the first step to joining the fight against hunger.
This holiday season is giving the opportunity to help feed hungry Tri-State families in the area all while enjoying the boisterous charm of The Irish Tenors – Ronan Tynan, Finbar Wright and Anthony Kearns, accompanied by a full 30-piece orchestra. The Irish Tenors’ Holiday Celebration Concert has become a tradition, bringing families together to hear the hauntingly beautiful music of Ireland and the glorious Christmas music that warms our hearts.
Don’t forget to bring your tickets to the show and most importantly a food donation to help locals in need. As honorary ambassadors of Ireland and its legendary music, The Irish Tenors invite you to come along with your family and friends and enjoy the music of their homeland.
It is not too late to get tickets! Tickets for The Irish Tenors are $62.50, $50 and $45. Tickets can be picked up at the box office in the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center, at the keith-Albee Box Office 1 hour prior to the show, by phone at 304-696-6656 or on ticketmaster.com.
The Irish Tenors Irish Holiday Celebration is sponsored by St. Mary’s Medical Center, HIMG, KEE 100, WVHU, WSAZ, The Herald-Dispatch, MU, COFA and the Marshall Artists Series.