- UPDATED: Police, Fire Leadership Attribute Mismanagement for Possible Deep, Scary Cuts
- Mayor Williams "unfamiliar" with alleged benefit cuts; Huntington "under" budget
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Marshall University launches the Dr. Carter G. Woodson Lyceum
- Secretary of State Warner Responds to Media Reports
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Two defendants headed to prison for methamphetamine trafficking crimes
- Holiday Greetings
Food Donations Sought at Irish Tenors Performance
Each month the Cridlin Food Pantry, a consortium of 12 local churches housed at Trinity Episcopal, collects a specific canned food item through the week given by its members. Members also volunteer at the pantry on the fourth Monday of every month. Coordination for this ministry is led by Jack Spurlock.
A common misconception is that food pantries and banks only help the homeless, but so many more are in need including neighbors, coworkers, children and elderly. Nearly 49 million people suffer from food insecurity, and learning the truth about the issue is the first step to joining the fight against hunger.
This holiday season is giving the opportunity to help feed hungry Tri-State families in the area all while enjoying the boisterous charm of The Irish Tenors – Ronan Tynan, Finbar Wright and Anthony Kearns, accompanied by a full 30-piece orchestra. The Irish Tenors’ Holiday Celebration Concert has become a tradition, bringing families together to hear the hauntingly beautiful music of Ireland and the glorious Christmas music that warms our hearts.
Don’t forget to bring your tickets to the show and most importantly a food donation to help locals in need. As honorary ambassadors of Ireland and its legendary music, The Irish Tenors invite you to come along with your family and friends and enjoy the music of their homeland.
It is not too late to get tickets! Tickets for The Irish Tenors are $62.50, $50 and $45. Tickets can be picked up at the box office in the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center, at the keith-Albee Box Office 1 hour prior to the show, by phone at 304-696-6656 or on ticketmaster.com.
The Irish Tenors Irish Holiday Celebration is sponsored by St. Mary’s Medical Center, HIMG, KEE 100, WVHU, WSAZ, The Herald-Dispatch, MU, COFA and the Marshall Artists Series.