- OPINION: Hope Springs in Huntington on new Facebook Page
- Huntington Sanitary Board Prepares to Shut off Customer's Water for Unpaid Bills
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Let's Round Up the "Johns" Too
- Treehuggers Ball Comes to Huntington
- West Virginia State University Sues Dow For Polluting Campus
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- INTRODUCING SHELLY REUBEN’S NEW NOVEL: My Mostly Happy Life – Autobiography of a Climbing tree
Creating New Jobs Is Aim of Enhanced RCBI Network
The automated improvements will be funded in part with a $29,930 grant from the West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey’s Broadband Mapping Technical Assistance Initiative.
“Geography is a real barrier for West Virginia businesses located in isolated, rural areas,” said RCBI Director & CEO Charlotte Weber. “They don’t have easy access to industrial clusters, educational opportunities and business development resources that are available elsewhere.”
To help erase this barrier, RCBI created its 21ST Century Manufacturing Network, which electronically links nearly 560 businesses with technical assistance, bid opportunitiesthatinvolve relevant prime contracts, skills training and other manufacturing and business resources.Participation in the RCBI 21ST Century Manufacturing Network is available at no cost.
“Now, in an effort to make this valuable resource even better,” Weber said, “RCBI will add the real-time interaction that 21st Century businesses demand. This will give users the ability to automatically ‘connect the dots’ for synergistic opportunities in manufacturing, product development, innovation andnetworking, as well as increased access to online training.”
By coming together on line, Weber said, “the network’s participants are able to share timely information about business opportunities, build bridges to real-world collaborations and, ultimately, combine their strengths to compete more effectively so they can succeed in the global market.”
The newly enhanced 21ST Century Advanced Manufacturing Interactive Network, Weber said, will “particularly target job creation and ramp up innovation commercialization by connecting valuable available assets in Additive Manufacturing and other advanced manufacturing technology.”
For more information about RCBI’s automated, interactive network, call 800.469.RCBI or log on www.21stmanufacturing.org.