- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- NNSA releases Environmental Review of UPF Bomb Plant Plans
- Pike County Murder Investigation: Update
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- School of Physical Therapy cloaks students during White Coat Ceremony
- May 7 th 2016 is Free Comic Book Day at Comic World
- Congressman Shuster Endorses Donald Trump for President
- President Bill Clinton to Campaign for Hillary Clinton in Kentucky
- Clinton Discussing Substance Abuse, Addiction at Charleston Briefing
- WV Film Office Announces New Casting Calls
Herd Set for Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic against West Virginia
The contest will be showcased on three different television networks including WPBY, WNPB and WSWP, and will also be available through live stats and live stream video, via HerdZone.com
The game will mark the 52nd consecutive meeting between the two programs, marking the most played contest in Marshall’s all-time history. Marshall has fallen to the Mountaineers in the past seven meetings and earned a 69-57 loss in last year’s game.
The Thundering Herd is 4-3 after going 1-1 in the past two tournaments. Sophomore Shay Weaver ties for No. 17 in the NCAA for three-pointers made with 3.14 per game and leads Marshall with 12.7 points per game. Sophomore Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows with 8.9 points per game, while leading Marshall in rebounds (6.4 per game) and rebounds (15). She ranks No. 40 in the nation in blocked shots, earning 2.14 per game.
The Mountaineers are 4-2 after recently defeating Virginia on Sunday, 54-47. West Virginia has two players averaging double-digit points in junior guards Taylor Palmer (11.0) and Christal Caldwell (10.3). Ayana Dunning follows with 9.7 points per game and leads the Mountaineers on the boards with 7.0 rebounds per game. West Virginia is 0-2 in neutral site games for the season.