- Ralph Nader Radio Show airs Portsmouth "Toxic Avengers" Concerning Nuclear Whistle Blowers
- “Mauritius” to open Marshall Theatre’s semester Feb. 17
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Panda Hugs and Crafts Greet Marquee Pullman Moviegoers IMAGES
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- "Elsa" Visits Children at South Charleston Library IMAGES
- Newly Engaged? WV Weddings Magazine offering last minute Valentine’s Day gift perfect for any Bride-to-be
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Herd Tennis Edges Louisville, 4-3
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Stronger US dollar and lower oil prices: Effects on the Caribbean
Herd Set for Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic against West Virginia
The contest will be showcased on three different television networks including WPBY, WNPB and WSWP, and will also be available through live stats and live stream video, via HerdZone.com
The game will mark the 52nd consecutive meeting between the two programs, marking the most played contest in Marshall’s all-time history. Marshall has fallen to the Mountaineers in the past seven meetings and earned a 69-57 loss in last year’s game.
The Thundering Herd is 4-3 after going 1-1 in the past two tournaments. Sophomore Shay Weaver ties for No. 17 in the NCAA for three-pointers made with 3.14 per game and leads Marshall with 12.7 points per game. Sophomore Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows with 8.9 points per game, while leading Marshall in rebounds (6.4 per game) and rebounds (15). She ranks No. 40 in the nation in blocked shots, earning 2.14 per game.
The Mountaineers are 4-2 after recently defeating Virginia on Sunday, 54-47. West Virginia has two players averaging double-digit points in junior guards Taylor Palmer (11.0) and Christal Caldwell (10.3). Ayana Dunning follows with 9.7 points per game and leads the Mountaineers on the boards with 7.0 rebounds per game. West Virginia is 0-2 in neutral site games for the season.