- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Marshall College of Science and West Virginia Science Adventures program host STEAM summer camp for K-12
- FLASHBACK: "Eyes Right," a Memorial Day Favorite
- Legislature Completes Supplemental Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2016
- Casting Call for Seductive Female for WV Music Video
- Marshall athletic training student receives 2016 NATA Foundation Scholarship
- COLD WAR SECRETS: Recycling Radionuclides Infused Spent Nuclear Fuel onto Machinery
- Camden Park Announces Memorial Day Weekend Festivities!
Herd Set for Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic against West Virginia
The contest will be showcased on three different television networks including WPBY, WNPB and WSWP, and will also be available through live stats and live stream video, via HerdZone.com
The game will mark the 52nd consecutive meeting between the two programs, marking the most played contest in Marshall’s all-time history. Marshall has fallen to the Mountaineers in the past seven meetings and earned a 69-57 loss in last year’s game.
The Thundering Herd is 4-3 after going 1-1 in the past two tournaments. Sophomore Shay Weaver ties for No. 17 in the NCAA for three-pointers made with 3.14 per game and leads Marshall with 12.7 points per game. Sophomore Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows with 8.9 points per game, while leading Marshall in rebounds (6.4 per game) and rebounds (15). She ranks No. 40 in the nation in blocked shots, earning 2.14 per game.
The Mountaineers are 4-2 after recently defeating Virginia on Sunday, 54-47. West Virginia has two players averaging double-digit points in junior guards Taylor Palmer (11.0) and Christal Caldwell (10.3). Ayana Dunning follows with 9.7 points per game and leads the Mountaineers on the boards with 7.0 rebounds per game. West Virginia is 0-2 in neutral site games for the season.