- Love and Other Tragedies Slated for Release featuring Cure's Roger O'Donnell
- Mayor Steve Strolls Areas Surrounding Central City IMAGES
- Harless Hall of Fame to welcome three new members in ceremony May 7
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- REVIEW: "Exodus: Gods and Kings:" a Hit and Miss Sword & Sandal Would-Be Epic
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- Fire Department Holds Kid's Christmas Party at Huntington City Mission
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- Huntington Police Arrest Suspect in Car Vandalism
Herd Set for Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic against West Virginia
The contest will be showcased on three different television networks including WPBY, WNPB and WSWP, and will also be available through live stats and live stream video, via HerdZone.com
The game will mark the 52nd consecutive meeting between the two programs, marking the most played contest in Marshall’s all-time history. Marshall has fallen to the Mountaineers in the past seven meetings and earned a 69-57 loss in last year’s game.
The Thundering Herd is 4-3 after going 1-1 in the past two tournaments. Sophomore Shay Weaver ties for No. 17 in the NCAA for three-pointers made with 3.14 per game and leads Marshall with 12.7 points per game. Sophomore Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows with 8.9 points per game, while leading Marshall in rebounds (6.4 per game) and rebounds (15). She ranks No. 40 in the nation in blocked shots, earning 2.14 per game.
The Mountaineers are 4-2 after recently defeating Virginia on Sunday, 54-47. West Virginia has two players averaging double-digit points in junior guards Taylor Palmer (11.0) and Christal Caldwell (10.3). Ayana Dunning follows with 9.7 points per game and leads the Mountaineers on the boards with 7.0 rebounds per game. West Virginia is 0-2 in neutral site games for the season.