- IMAGES: Major March Snowfall, Power Outages Lead to State of Huntington Emergency
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- DEVELOPING... Garbage Pickup in Progress; Pump Stations Operating, Warming Stations Open, Downed Trees Block Roads
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 4, 2015
- UPDATED: 17% still without Power in Cabell, WV
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- Ohio River Flood Warning Updated
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
Herd Set for Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic against West Virginia
The contest will be showcased on three different television networks including WPBY, WNPB and WSWP, and will also be available through live stats and live stream video, via HerdZone.com
The game will mark the 52nd consecutive meeting between the two programs, marking the most played contest in Marshall’s all-time history. Marshall has fallen to the Mountaineers in the past seven meetings and earned a 69-57 loss in last year’s game.
The Thundering Herd is 4-3 after going 1-1 in the past two tournaments. Sophomore Shay Weaver ties for No. 17 in the NCAA for three-pointers made with 3.14 per game and leads Marshall with 12.7 points per game. Sophomore Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows with 8.9 points per game, while leading Marshall in rebounds (6.4 per game) and rebounds (15). She ranks No. 40 in the nation in blocked shots, earning 2.14 per game.
The Mountaineers are 4-2 after recently defeating Virginia on Sunday, 54-47. West Virginia has two players averaging double-digit points in junior guards Taylor Palmer (11.0) and Christal Caldwell (10.3). Ayana Dunning follows with 9.7 points per game and leads the Mountaineers on the boards with 7.0 rebounds per game. West Virginia is 0-2 in neutral site games for the season.