- DEVELOPING... Caserta Asks for Records During Meeting
- Caserta Asserts Council TV Video of Special Meeting Purposefully not Transmitted
- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- Huntington Council Narrowly Approves Fiscal Year Day to Day Budget Estimate
- FLASHBACK: Images of Ironton's 2011 Memorial Day Parade
- COLUMN: Got a Law Degree? Media at Council Tonight Seeking Input on Conflicting Pay Out Discretion Legal Opinions
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: My Son’s Kahoonas Paid Off (In Unexpected Ways)
- HPD Requests March 18 Holderby Road Surveillance Footage
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
December Local Music Report
Thursday, December 6, 2012 - 02:03 Updated 2 years ago by David "Alligator" Williams
Alt-country band Sasha Collette and The Magnolias will no longer be playing together after the first of the year but they will each continue to be active in the music scene.
While that alt-country band ends, another regional alt-country band has dropped their debut cd. Ghost Fleet from the Charleston area has released "How To Tame A Mustang" on Red Moth Records. The cd is available at http://redmothrecords.storenvy.com. / Check out their original rocking roots style on "Texas" http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-rim&v=dj1ko3-POcE
Guitarist and producer Jeff Westlake certainly is not a stranger to the area music scene. Earlier this year his world-wide recognized band Hydrogyn released the cd "Private Sessions" to outstanding reviews. www.hydrogyn.com. Last year he recorded a side project with Ura Kia http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-rim&v=X_a5j6Pty2c
Now, Westlake is plaing all guitars and bass for new project Audio Porn. Azriel St. Michael is the vocalist and Byron Black is on drums. They have just released the 80s sounding album "Jezebel's Kiss" worldwide. http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-rim&v=5rAX_OHrLJw
Stone Machine, the Huntington/ Kenova area band with a Led Zep meets Bad Company sound, has released their second cd. "American Honey" is on Grooveyard Records. The disc is even better than their outstanding debut record. Singer Jason Mayes sounds like a young Paul Rodgers and establishes himself as one of the best vocalist anywhere. They were featured on the national radio program The Lex and Terry Show and received praise for the second time. http://www.grooveyardrecords.com/stonemachineamericanhoney-.html Check out "Better Days". http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-rim&v=PjpudJ9Bpng
Kentucky country singer Bobby Cyrus has enlisted his famous cousin Billy Ray for his new video "Milkman's Eyes" http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7X-rwvOAMQ4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7X-rwvOAMQ4 from his forthcoming cd. The song was originally done by local legends Zachariah which featured the late James Michael Murphy.
Sly Roosevelt will play The V Club in Huntington on December 20. The experimental modern band from Huntington was voted top West Virginia band by Paste Magazine. http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2012/08/10-west-virginia-bands-you-should-listen-to-now.html
That's the local music report for December. Check back next month for more. Rawk it loud and local!