- Former Mail Carrier Made Over 100 Drug Deals While on Duty
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Please Stop Helping Us': Black Conservative Deconstructs Unintended Consequences of Affirmative Action, Minimum Wage Laws, Public Schools
- Taut "November Man" Debuts; "As Above" Has MU Film Connection
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- Marshall Medical Outreach teams with Cabell Huntington Hospital for women’s health event
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- Appalachian Uprising Becomes Jewel City Jamboree in 2015
- Career Expo for first Physical Therapy graduating class is Tuesday, Aug. 26
- Man Indicted for Allegedly Defrauding Elderly Woman of More than $40,000
- School of Medicine announces creation of six new scholarships
Women’s Basketball Travels to Southern Illinois
The Thundering Herd is 4-4 on the season after recently falling to West Virginia in the Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic, 64-48.
Guard Shay Weaver leads Marshall with 12.1 points per game and has made 24 three-pointers on the season. She ties for No. 17 in the NCAA for three-pointers made per game, averaging 3.14 per contest. Forward Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows with an average of 8.5 points and has a team-high 53 rebounds.
SIU holds a 1-6 record this season, earning its first win of the year on Wednesday against Southeast Missouri State. Cartaesha Macklin leads the Salukis with 13.7 points per game, while Dyana Pierre nearly averages a double-double, totaling 10.3 rebounds and 8.0 points per game.
The contest marks the second meeting between the two programs as Marshall trails SIU in the all-time series, 1-0, after taking a loss during the 1993-94 season.