- Marquee Pullman & Pullman Square Turn 10
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marshall University receives in-kind software grant from Siemens PLM Software
- Marshall Men's Basketball: Herd Falls to Seventh-Ranked Louisville, 85-67
- Council Asked to Approve Budget Restraints Following Negative Projection
- US Attorney Collects Over $8 Million for Taxpayers
- Highlanders Triumph Over Midland
- Manchin Statement on President's Immigration Executive Actions
- Schray earns national honors as top professor in West Virginia
- No. 18 @HerdFB Holds Off UAB; Improves to 11-0
Women’s Basketball Travels to Southern Illinois
The Thundering Herd is 4-4 on the season after recently falling to West Virginia in the Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic, 64-48.
Guard Shay Weaver leads Marshall with 12.1 points per game and has made 24 three-pointers on the season. She ties for No. 17 in the NCAA for three-pointers made per game, averaging 3.14 per contest. Forward Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows with an average of 8.5 points and has a team-high 53 rebounds.
SIU holds a 1-6 record this season, earning its first win of the year on Wednesday against Southeast Missouri State. Cartaesha Macklin leads the Salukis with 13.7 points per game, while Dyana Pierre nearly averages a double-double, totaling 10.3 rebounds and 8.0 points per game.
The contest marks the second meeting between the two programs as Marshall trails SIU in the all-time series, 1-0, after taking a loss during the 1993-94 season.