- A Dad’s Point-of-View: Men vs. Women: Work-Life Balance
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Huntington Pedestrian Killed Wednesday Evening:
- Salt Storage Shed Now Open
- Shots Fired Near Marshall Campus
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- AAA Forecasts Year-End Holiday Travel Up 4.5 % in the South Atlantic Region
- Christmas Kente Ceremony for winter graduates is Saturday at Marshall
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- UPDATED: Officials Speak of Marshall's Growth During President Kopp's Tenure
Women’s Basketball Travels to Southern Illinois
The Thundering Herd is 4-4 on the season after recently falling to West Virginia in the Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic, 64-48.
Guard Shay Weaver leads Marshall with 12.1 points per game and has made 24 three-pointers on the season. She ties for No. 17 in the NCAA for three-pointers made per game, averaging 3.14 per contest. Forward Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows with an average of 8.5 points and has a team-high 53 rebounds.
SIU holds a 1-6 record this season, earning its first win of the year on Wednesday against Southeast Missouri State. Cartaesha Macklin leads the Salukis with 13.7 points per game, while Dyana Pierre nearly averages a double-double, totaling 10.3 rebounds and 8.0 points per game.
The contest marks the second meeting between the two programs as Marshall trails SIU in the all-time series, 1-0, after taking a loss during the 1993-94 season.