- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- UPDATED: Officials Speak of Marshall's Growth During President Kopp's Tenure
- Will Smith, Cara Delevingne Cast as Super Villains in "Suicide Squad"
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 16, 2014
- Donations Needed for Guyandotte Christmas Open House Planned Dec. 23
Women’s Basketball Travels to Southern Illinois
The Thundering Herd is 4-4 on the season after recently falling to West Virginia in the Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic, 64-48.
Guard Shay Weaver leads Marshall with 12.1 points per game and has made 24 three-pointers on the season. She ties for No. 17 in the NCAA for three-pointers made per game, averaging 3.14 per contest. Forward Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows with an average of 8.5 points and has a team-high 53 rebounds.
SIU holds a 1-6 record this season, earning its first win of the year on Wednesday against Southeast Missouri State. Cartaesha Macklin leads the Salukis with 13.7 points per game, while Dyana Pierre nearly averages a double-double, totaling 10.3 rebounds and 8.0 points per game.
The contest marks the second meeting between the two programs as Marshall trails SIU in the all-time series, 1-0, after taking a loss during the 1993-94 season.