- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- MiLITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 6, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Former Marshall Student Body President Embodies West Virginia Political Shift in State Senate Race
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Flat Budget Won’t Sustain Exceptional City Concept
- Fundraiser Saturday for Guyandotte Family
- CFPB Recovers More Than $1 Million for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: In Guyana: Political Negotiations an Opportunity for Real Democracy
- EDITORIAL: A Good Year Coming for WV Republicans--But Then What?
- Team Penske sweeps Sprint Cup front row for second straight week
Women’s Basketball Travels to Southern Illinois
The Thundering Herd is 4-4 on the season after recently falling to West Virginia in the Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic, 64-48.
Guard Shay Weaver leads Marshall with 12.1 points per game and has made 24 three-pointers on the season. She ties for No. 17 in the NCAA for three-pointers made per game, averaging 3.14 per contest. Forward Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows with an average of 8.5 points and has a team-high 53 rebounds.
SIU holds a 1-6 record this season, earning its first win of the year on Wednesday against Southeast Missouri State. Cartaesha Macklin leads the Salukis with 13.7 points per game, while Dyana Pierre nearly averages a double-double, totaling 10.3 rebounds and 8.0 points per game.
The contest marks the second meeting between the two programs as Marshall trails SIU in the all-time series, 1-0, after taking a loss during the 1993-94 season.