- Caserta Cries Foul; Actions of Council "Condemned"
- Unanimous Special Permit Approved for Gas at $4.5 Million Downtown Sheetz
- Portion of Downtown Floodwall Shifting Possibly Due to Sink Hole Near Pump Station
- 2014 Huntington Audit Has Statement Governoring Sick Leave Payments
- Professor receives $350,000 National Science Foundation research grant
- UPDATED: "Violent" Man who Escaped from Sixth Avenue Group Home Found at Ritter Park
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- CFPB Sues Texas Company for Sham Credit Card; Union Workers Credit Services Also Duped Consumers Into Thinking the Company Was Affiliated With Unions
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
Marshall Faces Coppin State for First Time Saturday
The Thundering Herd (5-4) will look to get back on the winning track following a 69-59 loss to West Virginia on Wednesday. Marshall has feasted on non-conference opponents at home with a 19-3 record under third-year head coach Tom Herrion including a 4-0 mark this season.
Junior guard DeAndre Kane leads the Herd with 15.7 points per game, the fifth-best mark in Conference USA. Kane ranks fourth in the NCAA with 8.2 assists per game and second in C-USA with an assist/turnover ratio of 2.6.
Junior transfers Elijah Pittman and D.D. Scarver are both second on the team in points with 14.2 per game. Marshall’s rebounding effort has been led by seniors Nigel Spikes (9.0) and Dennis Tinnon (9.1), both of which rank in the top 50 nationally.
Coppin State (1-7) is a member of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference and located in Baltimore, Md. The Eagles have one win on the season, a 98-78 win over Cheyney. In its most recent game, Coppin State’s Michael Murray scored a career-high 27 points and had 12 rebounds in a 67-55 loss to Saint Joseph’s. The junior forward is averaging a double-double this season with 12.4 points and 10.9 rebounds.
Coppin State is led in scoring by Patrick Cole’s 13.3 points per game.
The game can be heard on the radio throughout the Thundering Herd IMG Sports Network. It can be viewed and herd online with a paid subscription to Herd All-Access. Gametracker can be accessed through HerdZone.com. Follow @Herd_Zone on twitter for scoring updates in every game throughout the season.