- West Huntington Drug Bust
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Three Mile Island 40th Anniversary
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- DHHR Announces Emergency Energy Assistance Program for Low Income Residents
- Attorney General Morrisey Issues Statement Regarding HB 3062 which Impacts Substance Abuse Fighting Funding
- House of Delegates Votes to Increase Substance Abuse Treatment Opportunities
- Huntington woman pleads guilty to federal heroin charge
- Belle, Beast and Chorus Visit Marquee Pullman IMAGES
- Lecture series aims to fight substance abuse with education, collaboration
Marshall Faces Coppin State for First Time Saturday
The Thundering Herd (5-4) will look to get back on the winning track following a 69-59 loss to West Virginia on Wednesday. Marshall has feasted on non-conference opponents at home with a 19-3 record under third-year head coach Tom Herrion including a 4-0 mark this season.
Junior guard DeAndre Kane leads the Herd with 15.7 points per game, the fifth-best mark in Conference USA. Kane ranks fourth in the NCAA with 8.2 assists per game and second in C-USA with an assist/turnover ratio of 2.6.
Junior transfers Elijah Pittman and D.D. Scarver are both second on the team in points with 14.2 per game. Marshall’s rebounding effort has been led by seniors Nigel Spikes (9.0) and Dennis Tinnon (9.1), both of which rank in the top 50 nationally.
Coppin State (1-7) is a member of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference and located in Baltimore, Md. The Eagles have one win on the season, a 98-78 win over Cheyney. In its most recent game, Coppin State’s Michael Murray scored a career-high 27 points and had 12 rebounds in a 67-55 loss to Saint Joseph’s. The junior forward is averaging a double-double this season with 12.4 points and 10.9 rebounds.
Coppin State is led in scoring by Patrick Cole’s 13.3 points per game.
The game can be heard on the radio throughout the Thundering Herd IMG Sports Network. It can be viewed and herd online with a paid subscription to Herd All-Access. Gametracker can be accessed through HerdZone.com. Follow @Herd_Zone on twitter for scoring updates in every game throughout the season.