- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Two more defendants sentenced for roles in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
- Huntington man sentenced on Federal oxycodone charge
- Many WV State Offices have Pre-Canadidacy Filings; Cabell Non-Partisan Judges too
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- HPD Makes Multiple Drug Related Arrests
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Marshall Assistant Coach Charged with DUI
- Marshall's C-USA Championship Footage
- Huntington's A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
Sen. Manchin Asks MTV to No Show Allegedly Offensive, "Buckwild"
Instead of showcasing the beauty of our people and our state, you preyed on young people, coaxed them into displaying shameful behavior – and now you are profiting from it. That is just wrong.
This show plays to ugly, inaccurate stereotypes about the people of West Virginia. Let me tell you: our people have given their all for this great country. They’ve done the heavy lifting to produce the energy that is needed to produce the steel that builds our factories and cities. The proud veterans of our state have shed more blood and made more sacrifices than most other states to keep America free. We’re proud of all we do to make America strong and secure the cherished freedoms that you seem so determined to abuse.
Your program offers nothing about the major issues of our time: how we move our country forward, how we prepare young people to lead this country and take responsibility for themselves and how we put our finances in better shape for the next generation. I am writing to urge you to reconsider airing this show. I hope that as you consider your decision, that you would consider your own state, your own community and your own children. Would you try to portray them in this light?
With warm regards,
Joe Manchin III,
U.S. Senator, West Virginia