- TRANSCRIPT: Mayoral Candidate Alleges Mayor, Council "Embarassed" by Towing Outcry; Council Allegedly Persecutes Disabled Member for Backing Ordinance
- Marshall School of Medicine establishes new dentistry department
- Greenbrier County man pleads guilty to Federal crime involving oxycodone
- Non-Profit launched to promote medical cannabis reform
- Marshall’s dean of CITE receives Outstanding Civil Engineering Educator of the Year for 2015
- Law Enforcement Across North Carolina Comes Out in Favor of Syringe Exchange
- Detroit drug dealer sentenced to Federal prison for heroin crime
- Reps. Jenkins and Clark Introduce Opiod Prescribing Bill
- ANALYSIS: Efficency versus Dissent Collides at Council Meeting
- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
Sen. Manchin Asks MTV to No Show Allegedly Offensive, "Buckwild"
Instead of showcasing the beauty of our people and our state, you preyed on young people, coaxed them into displaying shameful behavior – and now you are profiting from it. That is just wrong.
This show plays to ugly, inaccurate stereotypes about the people of West Virginia. Let me tell you: our people have given their all for this great country. They’ve done the heavy lifting to produce the energy that is needed to produce the steel that builds our factories and cities. The proud veterans of our state have shed more blood and made more sacrifices than most other states to keep America free. We’re proud of all we do to make America strong and secure the cherished freedoms that you seem so determined to abuse.
Your program offers nothing about the major issues of our time: how we move our country forward, how we prepare young people to lead this country and take responsibility for themselves and how we put our finances in better shape for the next generation. I am writing to urge you to reconsider airing this show. I hope that as you consider your decision, that you would consider your own state, your own community and your own children. Would you try to portray them in this light?
With warm regards,
Joe Manchin III,
U.S. Senator, West Virginia