- Marshall University is only registered Exercise is Medicine® campus; free activities scheduled for Oct. 5-
- Fire Prevention Parade IMAGES
- Marshall University School of Pharmacy marks American Pharmacists Month; Generation Rx program founder scheduled to speak
- Robbery Warrant Issued for Female Robbery Suspect
- Comcast Franchise Renewal Delayed
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Tsubasacon Coming This Weekend
- Huntington's Bunny Bombshell at Con
- Marvel Universe Live Heads for Charleston in December
- Cheer Competition Winners from Huntington's BSSA
Williams Named Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com
CollegeFootballNews.com also listed Hunter and Herd running back Kevin Grooms as honorable mention selections on its list.
Williams, the league’s only Ray Guy Award semifinalist, was one of the Herd’s most pleasant surprises in 2012, averaging 45.19 yards per punt, the ninth-highest average nationally. He had 13 kicks of 50 or more yards, while landing 16 inside the 20 and nine more that were fair caught. He posted a 66-yard boot at Rice, where he averaged 50.8 yards per kick. He also averaged 51.2 yards per punt in his four kicks at then-No. 11 ranked West Virginia and 50.5 at East Carolina. He was also an All-Freshman Team selection by Conference USA’s 12 head coaches.
Monday’s announcement is Marshall’s fourth freshman honor since joining Conference USA.Defensive back DeQuan Bembry was a first-team Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com in 2008, while tight end Cody Slate was selected to Sporting News’ Freshman All-American list in 2006.