- Caserta Asks Prosecutor to Reconsider Petition Against Williams
- Mayor Williams Tells His Side ; Link to Mayor Steve Williams on Tom Roten Morning Show
- UPDATED... Caserta Asks for Records During Meeting
- Five Huntington Firefighters Promoted
- Ethics Petition Filed Against Some City Council Members by Rebecca Thacker
- Thundering Herd IMG Network to Air 10 Baseball Broadcasts
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
- Huntington Heroin Death Toll now 31
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: US and Venezuela: Don’t fan the flames, put out the fire
- OP-ED: Blood on the Corner: Dear UVA From an Alumnus
Williams Named Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com
CollegeFootballNews.com also listed Hunter and Herd running back Kevin Grooms as honorable mention selections on its list.
Williams, the league’s only Ray Guy Award semifinalist, was one of the Herd’s most pleasant surprises in 2012, averaging 45.19 yards per punt, the ninth-highest average nationally. He had 13 kicks of 50 or more yards, while landing 16 inside the 20 and nine more that were fair caught. He posted a 66-yard boot at Rice, where he averaged 50.8 yards per kick. He also averaged 51.2 yards per punt in his four kicks at then-No. 11 ranked West Virginia and 50.5 at East Carolina. He was also an All-Freshman Team selection by Conference USA’s 12 head coaches.
Monday’s announcement is Marshall’s fourth freshman honor since joining Conference USA.Defensive back DeQuan Bembry was a first-team Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com in 2008, while tight end Cody Slate was selected to Sporting News’ Freshman All-American list in 2006.