- Marshall University internal medicine resident team wins state competition
- OP-ED: Inadequate response to Ebola should not be repeated with Chickungunya
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- Jewel City JAMboree to feature national and local musicians
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 20, 2014
- Rep.-elect Jenkins selected for Appropriations Committee
- Four People Arrested following Seizure of Heroin, Cash
- Southwest Ohio Violent Crimes Task Force Successful in First Year of Operation
Williams Named Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com
CollegeFootballNews.com also listed Hunter and Herd running back Kevin Grooms as honorable mention selections on its list.
Williams, the league’s only Ray Guy Award semifinalist, was one of the Herd’s most pleasant surprises in 2012, averaging 45.19 yards per punt, the ninth-highest average nationally. He had 13 kicks of 50 or more yards, while landing 16 inside the 20 and nine more that were fair caught. He posted a 66-yard boot at Rice, where he averaged 50.8 yards per kick. He also averaged 51.2 yards per punt in his four kicks at then-No. 11 ranked West Virginia and 50.5 at East Carolina. He was also an All-Freshman Team selection by Conference USA’s 12 head coaches.
Monday’s announcement is Marshall’s fourth freshman honor since joining Conference USA.Defensive back DeQuan Bembry was a first-team Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com in 2008, while tight end Cody Slate was selected to Sporting News’ Freshman All-American list in 2006.