- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- This week’s Business Summit to feature Marshall alumnus, Intuit President and CEO Brad Smith
- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- Huntington Water Main Break Disrupts Service; Boil Advisory Added
- Police Reservist Retiring
- Elegant Elsa Graces Wayne County Fair at Camden Park IMAGE GALLERY
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- CFPB Report Finds Continued Decline in College Credit Card Agreements; Most Colleges with Credit Card Agreements Do Not Make Them Easily Accessible to Students
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
Williams Named Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com
CollegeFootballNews.com also listed Hunter and Herd running back Kevin Grooms as honorable mention selections on its list.
Williams, the league’s only Ray Guy Award semifinalist, was one of the Herd’s most pleasant surprises in 2012, averaging 45.19 yards per punt, the ninth-highest average nationally. He had 13 kicks of 50 or more yards, while landing 16 inside the 20 and nine more that were fair caught. He posted a 66-yard boot at Rice, where he averaged 50.8 yards per kick. He also averaged 51.2 yards per punt in his four kicks at then-No. 11 ranked West Virginia and 50.5 at East Carolina. He was also an All-Freshman Team selection by Conference USA’s 12 head coaches.
Monday’s announcement is Marshall’s fourth freshman honor since joining Conference USA.Defensive back DeQuan Bembry was a first-team Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com in 2008, while tight end Cody Slate was selected to Sporting News’ Freshman All-American list in 2006.