- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- No Erosion Issues for Proposed Huntington Development
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- National Average Projected to Hit $1.99 on Thanksgiving; First Time Since 2009
- Huntington Police Make Weekend Drug, Robbery Arrests
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Development Projects Discussions on Monday Agendas of Council, HMDA
- COMMENTARY: ISIS and changing the game
- Thanksgiving, Random Santa, ugly sweaters and holiday cheer at Pipestem Resort State Park
Williams Named Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com
CollegeFootballNews.com also listed Hunter and Herd running back Kevin Grooms as honorable mention selections on its list.
Williams, the league’s only Ray Guy Award semifinalist, was one of the Herd’s most pleasant surprises in 2012, averaging 45.19 yards per punt, the ninth-highest average nationally. He had 13 kicks of 50 or more yards, while landing 16 inside the 20 and nine more that were fair caught. He posted a 66-yard boot at Rice, where he averaged 50.8 yards per kick. He also averaged 51.2 yards per punt in his four kicks at then-No. 11 ranked West Virginia and 50.5 at East Carolina. He was also an All-Freshman Team selection by Conference USA’s 12 head coaches.
Monday’s announcement is Marshall’s fourth freshman honor since joining Conference USA.Defensive back DeQuan Bembry was a first-team Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com in 2008, while tight end Cody Slate was selected to Sporting News’ Freshman All-American list in 2006.