- Fed Ex Warns of Fraudulent Email
- Pro-Life Leaders Cole and Armstead to Address Pro Life Crowd
- Marshall to host 44th annual speech and debate tournament for high school students
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Attorney General Morrisey Hails Historic and Unprecedented Victory Against EPA
- Portsmouth Nuclear Whistle Blowers Tape Ralph Nader Radio Show
- Del. Miller First GOP Woman to Preside over House of Delegates
- Panda Hugs and Crafts Greet Marquee Pullman Moviegoers IMAGES
- "Elsa" Visits Children at South Charleston Library IMAGES
Williams Named Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com
CollegeFootballNews.com also listed Hunter and Herd running back Kevin Grooms as honorable mention selections on its list.
Williams, the league’s only Ray Guy Award semifinalist, was one of the Herd’s most pleasant surprises in 2012, averaging 45.19 yards per punt, the ninth-highest average nationally. He had 13 kicks of 50 or more yards, while landing 16 inside the 20 and nine more that were fair caught. He posted a 66-yard boot at Rice, where he averaged 50.8 yards per kick. He also averaged 51.2 yards per punt in his four kicks at then-No. 11 ranked West Virginia and 50.5 at East Carolina. He was also an All-Freshman Team selection by Conference USA’s 12 head coaches.
Monday’s announcement is Marshall’s fourth freshman honor since joining Conference USA.Defensive back DeQuan Bembry was a first-team Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com in 2008, while tight end Cody Slate was selected to Sporting News’ Freshman All-American list in 2006.