- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 11, 2013
- Marshall University Board approves 10-year Master Plan
- Marshall Names Temple’s Chuck Heater as Defensive Coordinator
- Highlawn Baptist Church, Various Items to Sell at Auction
- DEA NEWS: Greek National Pleads Guilty in Narco-Terror Conspiracy
- Home Builders, Realtors Applaud Melvin Watt's Senate Confirmation as Director of Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
- Prepared Remarks of Richard Cordray of CFPB on CareCredit Enforcement Action
- 22 Year Old Driver Dies from Crash Injuries
- Highlawn Pastor Posted Explanation on Facebook in October
- Charlotte Motor Speedway Test Builds On Gen-6 Development
Williams Named Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com
CollegeFootballNews.com also listed Hunter and Herd running back Kevin Grooms as honorable mention selections on its list.
Williams, the league’s only Ray Guy Award semifinalist, was one of the Herd’s most pleasant surprises in 2012, averaging 45.19 yards per punt, the ninth-highest average nationally. He had 13 kicks of 50 or more yards, while landing 16 inside the 20 and nine more that were fair caught. He posted a 66-yard boot at Rice, where he averaged 50.8 yards per kick. He also averaged 51.2 yards per punt in his four kicks at then-No. 11 ranked West Virginia and 50.5 at East Carolina. He was also an All-Freshman Team selection by Conference USA’s 12 head coaches.
Monday’s announcement is Marshall’s fourth freshman honor since joining Conference USA.Defensive back DeQuan Bembry was a first-team Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com in 2008, while tight end Cody Slate was selected to Sporting News’ Freshman All-American list in 2006.