- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'How to Write Anything: When Laura Brown Says 'Anything', She Means 'Anything'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Increase on Soft Housing Data
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saturday, April 26 is Confederate Memorial Day
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- More than 100,000 Had Symptoms During Elk River Water Spill
- City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Happy Birthday, Will Shakespeare; Words and Phrases You Created Will Live Forever
Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for Customers in Huntington’s Green Valley Road Area
Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 20:43 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
The advisory follows a water main break, which West Virginia American Water
crews are working to repair as quickly as possible. Affected customers may
experience low water pressure or a disruption in water service until
repairs are complete.
Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further
notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in
the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking,
bathing, showering and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one
minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using
bottled water; most home water filters will not provide
adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting
additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more
information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center