- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for Customers in Huntington’s Green Valley Road Area
Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 20:43 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
The advisory follows a water main break, which West Virginia American Water
crews are working to repair as quickly as possible. Affected customers may
experience low water pressure or a disruption in water service until
repairs are complete.
Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further
notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in
the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking,
bathing, showering and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one
minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using
bottled water; most home water filters will not provide
adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting
additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more
information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center