- UPDATED...State Auditor Citied Lack of Adequate Policies, Controls for Some Huntington Financial Materials, 2013 and 2014
- UPDATED: State Audit 2015 Statement; Caserta Cries Foul; Actions of Council "Condemned"
- 2014 Huntington Audit Has Statement Governing Sick Leave Payments
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- Huntington Buns on Bikes Race IMAGES
- Artists Series includes 'Breakfast Club' star Molly Ringwald
- Special Prosecutor Will Be Appointed in Cabell County Regarding State Police Investigation of Mayor's Sick Leave Payment to Skip Holbrook
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- Unanimous Special Permit Approved for Gas at $4.5 Million Downtown Sheetz
Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for Customers in Huntington’s Green Valley Road Area
Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 20:43 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
The advisory follows a water main break, which West Virginia American Water
crews are working to repair as quickly as possible. Affected customers may
experience low water pressure or a disruption in water service until
repairs are complete.
Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further
notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in
the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking,
bathing, showering and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one
minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using
bottled water; most home water filters will not provide
adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting
additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more
information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center