- UPDATE: Fire Ravages Morris Building; Fire Damage Contained to Roof, Elevator Shaft
- Huntington Area Responders Work Together to Contain Blaze in City Landmark
- NASCAR: Jeff Gordon wins record fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Indy
- REVIEW: "Lucy's" Evolutionary Brain Cells Imaginative, Confusing Ride
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Lucky Us': Amy Bloom Hits a Home Run with a Funny Novel of Life in 1940's America -- With a Peek at Post-War Britain
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- Marshall Running Back Arrested Again; Grooms Released from Team
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for Customers in Huntington’s Green Valley Road Area
Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 20:43 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
The advisory follows a water main break, which West Virginia American Water
crews are working to repair as quickly as possible. Affected customers may
experience low water pressure or a disruption in water service until
repairs are complete.
Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further
notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in
the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking,
bathing, showering and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one
minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using
bottled water; most home water filters will not provide
adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting
additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more
information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center