- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- MU Theatre Announces Season, Ticket Specials
GOVERNOR TOMBLIN PROVIDES UPDATE ON GAS LINE FIRE
"After looking at the damage, I'm grateful for the quick action of our local and state emergency responders who immediately called for a shelter in place," Gov. Tomblin said.
Preliminary reports indicate two people suffered minor injuries. Initial damage reports from the West Virginia Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management indicate four homes have been completely destroyed, five homes have suffered significant exterior damage and a community shelter is open at Aldersgate United Methodist Church in Sissonville.
The fire seriously damaged Interstate 77, both north and southbound. The Division of Highways has closed Interstate 77 North at the I-77/79 split in Charleston and I-77 South at the Pocatalico Exit. In addition, Route 21 from Charleston to Pocatalico is closed. The Division of Highways is working to pave and re-open portions of the interstate as soon as possible. In the meantime, DOH suggests the following detours.
Southbound traffic: detour in Ripley onto Rt. 62 to U.S. 35 and then to Interstate 64. Southbound traffic can also detour at Parkersburg onto U.S. 50 to Clarksburg to I-79.
Northbound traffic: detour to I-79 to Clarksburg then to U.S. 50. Northbound traffic can also travel I-64 west to U.S. 35 to Rt. 62.