- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Marshall College of Science and West Virginia Science Adventures program host STEAM summer camp for K-12
- FLASHBACK: "Eyes Right," a Memorial Day Favorite
- Casting Call for Seductive Female for WV Music Video
- Marshall athletic training student receives 2016 NATA Foundation Scholarship
- Legislature Completes Supplemental Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2016
- Two pill dealers sentenced to Federal prison for drug crimes
- Former Director of Safety Town Cannot Be Located; Court Seeks to Serve Defendant in Molestation Complaint
Kyle Kessler Wins 2012 Herd Challenge
The three-day event featured medicine ball tosses, plate pinches, various plate and sled pushes, timed wall sits, and the gauntlet.
Kessler won three events (three-lap plate push, two-lap plate push, and the gauntlet) outright while sharing the one-lap plate push victory with four others.
Senior outfielder Isaac Ballou, who won the 2011 Herd Challenge, won four events and came in third place overall. Junior transfer Johnathan Beary finished second with 332 total points.
Other individual event winners were senior southpaw Wayland Moore (plate push) and freshman David Diaz-Fernandez (wall sit).
Junior Ryan Hopkins, sophomores Eric Escobedo and Mardu Smith, and freshman Micah Dunn all tied with Kessler for the victory in the one-lap plate push.
Top five overall finishers:
1. Kyle Kessler (362)
2. Johnathan Beary (332)
3. Isaac Ballou (302)
4. Gray Stafford (273)
5. Andrew Dundon (261)
Top five gauntlet finishers:
1. Kyle Kessler (100)
2. Johnathan Beary (90)
3. Chase Vogelbach (80)
4. Andrew Dundon (70)
5. Gray Stafford (70)
Previous Herd Challenge winners:
Isaac Ballou (2011) Justin Maynard (2010) Rhett Stafford (2009) Adam Yeager (2008) Andrew Blain (2007)