- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 10, 2014
- Hayes, Littlepage Honored for Contributions to 'Grass Roots' Huntington Art Walk
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 11, 2014
- Ohio Attorney General DeWine Announces Settlement in Drug Pricing Lawsuit
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: A Southern Saint Patrick's Day Remembrance
- BOOK REVIEW: 'If I Had a Son': Another Dissection of Mainstream Media Bias, Often Deliberate Misreporting of Stories Involving Race
- Video: Learn What's Coming When MU's Visual Arts Center Opens
Kyle Kessler Wins 2012 Herd Challenge
The three-day event featured medicine ball tosses, plate pinches, various plate and sled pushes, timed wall sits, and the gauntlet.
Kessler won three events (three-lap plate push, two-lap plate push, and the gauntlet) outright while sharing the one-lap plate push victory with four others.
Senior outfielder Isaac Ballou, who won the 2011 Herd Challenge, won four events and came in third place overall. Junior transfer Johnathan Beary finished second with 332 total points.
Other individual event winners were senior southpaw Wayland Moore (plate push) and freshman David Diaz-Fernandez (wall sit).
Junior Ryan Hopkins, sophomores Eric Escobedo and Mardu Smith, and freshman Micah Dunn all tied with Kessler for the victory in the one-lap plate push.
Top five overall finishers:
1. Kyle Kessler (362)
2. Johnathan Beary (332)
3. Isaac Ballou (302)
4. Gray Stafford (273)
5. Andrew Dundon (261)
Top five gauntlet finishers:
1. Kyle Kessler (100)
2. Johnathan Beary (90)
3. Chase Vogelbach (80)
4. Andrew Dundon (70)
5. Gray Stafford (70)
Previous Herd Challenge winners:
Isaac Ballou (2011) Justin Maynard (2010) Rhett Stafford (2009) Adam Yeager (2008) Andrew Blain (2007)