- Send Off Planned for Huntington Highlanders to State Championship
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- Scheme involving thousands of prescription pain pills ends in jail time for Logan brothers
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: 74th Anniversary of ‘Gone with the Wind’ Premiere
- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- Chants of 'We Are ... Marshall' planned nationwide as Herd battles Rice in Conference USA title game
- BREAKING... Condolences to Huntington Mayor Steve Williams & Family on the Passing of his Dad.
- Huntington City Council Agenda
Hatfields & McCoys Nominated for Two Golden Globes
Nominated with Costner for Best Actor are Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock/Masterpiece); Woody Harrelson (“Game Change”); Toby Jones (“The Girl”); and Clive Owen (“Heminway & Gellhorn”).
The History Channel will rerun “Hatfields & McCoys” on Christmas Day.
Fetty and the filmmakers worked tediously to avoid Appalachian stereotypes when depicting the feud. Those avoided stereotypes have set off a furor as MTV plans to debut it’s set in West Virginia reality series, “Buckwild,” of which WV Senator Joe Manchin demanded cancellation.
The Golden Globe Nominations presented by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association nominate motion pictures and television. The movies nominated are considered as a hint of those that may be nominated for Academy Awards.
Unlike the Oscars, the Golden Globe nominations are separated into a category for drama and another for musical/comedy.
Nominated for best filmed drama, “Argo,” “Django Unchained,” “Life of Pi,” “Lincoln,” and “Zero Dark Thirty.”
Nominated for best Comedy or Musical, “Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,” “Les Miserables,” “Moonrise Kingdom,” “Salmon Fishing in the Yemen,” an “Silver Linings Playbook.”
For the full listing of nominations, visit: http://www.goldenglobes.org/2012/12/nominations-2013/