- Council Passes Union Extensions; Fire Department Members Line Up in Hallway
- For Now City Hall Off Limits to Republican Mayoral Candidate in Huntington
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Possession, Reports Taken for Destruction of Property, Burglary, Overdose
- One of EEOC’s First Lawsuits Alleging Sex Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation Settles
- ANALYSIS: Mayoral Candidate Claims Constitutional, Political Interference... or May God Strike Him with a Lightning Bolt
- Suspected Serial Rapist Charged with Raping Seven Women Between 1993-2003
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- WV Delegation Urges Obama to Expand Disaster Declaration
- West Virginia American Water Update on Water System Restoration in Flood-Impacted Areas
- Frontier Communications Donates $50,000 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief Efforts
Marshall Returns Home for Border Rivalry against Ohio
The contest will be the 42nd meeting between the two programs and the Bobcats hold a 24-17 advantage in the all-time series. Marshall has lost the past four games against Ohio and is looking for its first win in the series since the 2007-08 season.
Marshall combines for a 5-4 record after defeating Southern Illinois, 70-66, on Saturday. Forwards Chukwuka Ezeigbo and Veronica Ruiz each totaled a career-high 17 points as the Herd recorded a season-high 34 points in the paint against the Salukis.
Shay Weaver leads Marshall with 11.8 points per game and has made 26 three-pointers this season. Ezeigbo follows Weaver with 9.4 points per game and leads the team in rebounds and blocks.
Ohio is 3-5 for the season after defeating Morehead State, 79-72, on Sunday. The Bobcats lost five contests in a row to start the season, but has gone 2-0 at home in the past two games. Ohio has two players with double-digit point averages in Shavon Robinson (11.5 ppg) and Kiyanna Black (11.1). Alex’ie Baldwin is leading the team in rebounds (6.1 rpg), while Ashley Fowler has 20 steals and 27 assists on the year.