- Three People Arrested in Connection with Multi-County Drug Trafficking Operation
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- Bernie Packs Huntington's Big Sandy; Hillary and Trump Win Big IMAGES
- Governor Tomblin Endorses Hillary Clinton for President
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- AG DeWine Sues Out-of-State Telemarketer for Misleading Ohioans about Computer Virus
- More than 1,700 to graduate from Marshall University May 7
- U.S. Attorney's Office announces collection sites for DEA's National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- Huntington YMCA‘s Free Healthy Kids Day® on April 30th Aims to Help Kids Exercise Minds and Bodies
- Law Enforcement Across North Carolina Comes Out in Favor of Syringe Exchange
Marshall Returns Home for Border Rivalry against Ohio
The contest will be the 42nd meeting between the two programs and the Bobcats hold a 24-17 advantage in the all-time series. Marshall has lost the past four games against Ohio and is looking for its first win in the series since the 2007-08 season.
Marshall combines for a 5-4 record after defeating Southern Illinois, 70-66, on Saturday. Forwards Chukwuka Ezeigbo and Veronica Ruiz each totaled a career-high 17 points as the Herd recorded a season-high 34 points in the paint against the Salukis.
Shay Weaver leads Marshall with 11.8 points per game and has made 26 three-pointers this season. Ezeigbo follows Weaver with 9.4 points per game and leads the team in rebounds and blocks.
Ohio is 3-5 for the season after defeating Morehead State, 79-72, on Sunday. The Bobcats lost five contests in a row to start the season, but has gone 2-0 at home in the past two games. Ohio has two players with double-digit point averages in Shavon Robinson (11.5 ppg) and Kiyanna Black (11.1). Alex’ie Baldwin is leading the team in rebounds (6.1 rpg), while Ashley Fowler has 20 steals and 27 assists on the year.