- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 24, 2014
- Huntington Police Make Drug Arrests
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: China Will Cast a Huge Shadow as Japan Meets CARICOM
- Former Booster Club Treasurer Indicted for Theft
- Huntington Council Votes to Counter Rising Drug Crime by Hiring Ten New Police Officers at Special Session
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Ohio Man Arrested in Connection with 1995 Murders of Wife, Daughter
- FORMER WEST VIRGINIA DHHR EMPLOYEE PLEADS GUILTY TO FRAUD
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- Huntington Ready to Regatta
Marshall Returns Home for Border Rivalry against Ohio
The contest will be the 42nd meeting between the two programs and the Bobcats hold a 24-17 advantage in the all-time series. Marshall has lost the past four games against Ohio and is looking for its first win in the series since the 2007-08 season.
Marshall combines for a 5-4 record after defeating Southern Illinois, 70-66, on Saturday. Forwards Chukwuka Ezeigbo and Veronica Ruiz each totaled a career-high 17 points as the Herd recorded a season-high 34 points in the paint against the Salukis.
Shay Weaver leads Marshall with 11.8 points per game and has made 26 three-pointers this season. Ezeigbo follows Weaver with 9.4 points per game and leads the team in rebounds and blocks.
Ohio is 3-5 for the season after defeating Morehead State, 79-72, on Sunday. The Bobcats lost five contests in a row to start the season, but has gone 2-0 at home in the past two games. Ohio has two players with double-digit point averages in Shavon Robinson (11.5 ppg) and Kiyanna Black (11.1). Alex’ie Baldwin is leading the team in rebounds (6.1 rpg), while Ashley Fowler has 20 steals and 27 assists on the year.