- LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
- Jacobs-Jones becoming MU vice president
- BOOK REVIEW: 'A Quick Guide to Freemasonry': You've Got Questions, David Harrison Has the Answers
- Mayor Tells Comcast, "Folks Aren't Happy...."
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Gone Girl': Nick and Amy Dunne, Folie å Deux in a Mississippi River Town
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- CoreLogic April Edition of MarketPulse Report Examines Single-Family Housing Starts and Fallout from the Expiration of the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act
- West Virginia American Water Update on Carbon Filter Change-Out and Water Testing
- CFPB Proposes Revision to Rule Protecting Consumers Sending Money Internationally
COLUMN/OPINION: Age Attributed to Toys of Youth
Monday, December 17, 2012 - 03:54 Updated 1 year ago by David "Alligator" Williams
"Rock'em Sock'em Robots," I laughed "I remember that. I never ever did play with that much. It took two people and my older brothers wouldn't play. But that don't make me feel old. You can go over to Toys R Us and buy a retro version or something like it."
Without blinking Santa made another appear. http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-rim&v=XTYEslLMZjE "Really, Santa, Stretch Armstrong, he's still part of pop culture. - hear people talking about him all of the time. Nice try, but I bet I could jog around that mall several times".
He pushed another button and Super Toe appearred. http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-rim&v=nS4NgfOhHMw
"I remember kicking field goals in my basement. I am getting a little gray but because we had real toys and not just computer games doesn't mean I'm old."
Then Santa pushed a button and the Evel Knievel toy I begged Santa for decades ago appeared. http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-rim&v=an8eejlhadk
I conceded slightly, "Well, I guess that was a while back, I lived in Cumberland then. Hmmm I'm not a spring chicken but I'm not that old".
"Well, maybe you are right, David. Maybe toys haven't changed much since you were a kid. After I brought you your first video game".
There was a twinkle in his eye as Png appeared. http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-rim&v=CJfjSqRWda8
I turned pale as I thought about how video games changed since I was young. I bid Santa goodbye and headed to my car. Suddenly I felt weak as I stumbled to my car. I suddenly felt like I aged overnight. Hmmm maybe I am old after all.