- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 10, 2014
- Hayes, Littlepage Honored for Contributions to 'Grass Roots' Huntington Art Walk
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 11, 2014
- Ohio Attorney General DeWine Announces Settlement in Drug Pricing Lawsuit
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: A Southern Saint Patrick's Day Remembrance
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Moody's Raises Huntington Bond Rating
- NAHB: Study Reveals Key Differences in Home Preferences Based on Race or Ethnicity
COLUMN/OPINION: Age Attributed to Toys of Youth
Monday, December 17, 2012 - 03:54 Updated 1 year ago by David "Alligator" Williams
"Rock'em Sock'em Robots," I laughed "I remember that. I never ever did play with that much. It took two people and my older brothers wouldn't play. But that don't make me feel old. You can go over to Toys R Us and buy a retro version or something like it."
Without blinking Santa made another appear. http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-rim&v=XTYEslLMZjE "Really, Santa, Stretch Armstrong, he's still part of pop culture. - hear people talking about him all of the time. Nice try, but I bet I could jog around that mall several times".
He pushed another button and Super Toe appearred. http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-rim&v=nS4NgfOhHMw
"I remember kicking field goals in my basement. I am getting a little gray but because we had real toys and not just computer games doesn't mean I'm old."
Then Santa pushed a button and the Evel Knievel toy I begged Santa for decades ago appeared. http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-rim&v=an8eejlhadk
I conceded slightly, "Well, I guess that was a while back, I lived in Cumberland then. Hmmm I'm not a spring chicken but I'm not that old".
"Well, maybe you are right, David. Maybe toys haven't changed much since you were a kid. After I brought you your first video game".
There was a twinkle in his eye as Png appeared. http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-rim&v=CJfjSqRWda8
I turned pale as I thought about how video games changed since I was young. I bid Santa goodbye and headed to my car. Suddenly I felt weak as I stumbled to my car. I suddenly felt like I aged overnight. Hmmm maybe I am old after all.