- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- Goebbel Named Marshall Tight Ends Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- OP-ED: Beyond Deterrence, Compassion
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Feb. 27, 2015
Fetty, Hatfields & McCoys Producers Nominated for Golden Globe
Nominated with Costner for Best Actor are Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock/Masterpiece); Woody Harrelson (“Game Change”); Toby Jones (“The Girl”); and Clive Owen (“Heminway & Gellhorn”).
The History Channel will rerun “Hatfields & McCoys” on Christmas Day.
Fetty and the filmmakers worked tediously to avoid Appalachian stereotypes when depicting the feud. Those avoided stereotypes have set off a furor as MTV plans to debut it’s set in West Virginia reality series, “Buckwild,” of which WV Senator Joe Manchin demanded cancellation.
The Golden Globe Nominations presented by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association nominate motion pictures and television. The movies nominated are considered as a hint of those that may be nominated for Academy Awards.
Unlike the Oscars, the Golden Globe nominations are separated into a category for drama and another for musical/comedy.
Nominated for best filmed drama, “Argo,” “Django Unchained,” “Life of Pi,” “Lincoln,” and “Zero Dark Thirty.”
Nominated for best Comedy or Musical, “Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,” “Les Miserables,” “Moonrise Kingdom,” “Salmon Fishing in the Yemen,” an “Silver Linings Playbook.”For the full listing of nominations, visit: http://www.goldenglobes.org/2012/12/nominations-2013/