- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Marshall Comes from Behind Defeats La. Tech
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- Senator Rockefeller to Deliver Farewell Address Thursday on Floor of United States Senate
Fetty, Hatfields & McCoys Producers Nominated for Golden Globe
Nominated with Costner for Best Actor are Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock/Masterpiece); Woody Harrelson (“Game Change”); Toby Jones (“The Girl”); and Clive Owen (“Heminway & Gellhorn”).
The History Channel will rerun “Hatfields & McCoys” on Christmas Day.
Fetty and the filmmakers worked tediously to avoid Appalachian stereotypes when depicting the feud. Those avoided stereotypes have set off a furor as MTV plans to debut it’s set in West Virginia reality series, “Buckwild,” of which WV Senator Joe Manchin demanded cancellation.
The Golden Globe Nominations presented by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association nominate motion pictures and television. The movies nominated are considered as a hint of those that may be nominated for Academy Awards.
Unlike the Oscars, the Golden Globe nominations are separated into a category for drama and another for musical/comedy.
Nominated for best filmed drama, “Argo,” “Django Unchained,” “Life of Pi,” “Lincoln,” and “Zero Dark Thirty.”
Nominated for best Comedy or Musical, “Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,” “Les Miserables,” “Moonrise Kingdom,” “Salmon Fishing in the Yemen,” an “Silver Linings Playbook.”For the full listing of nominations, visit: http://www.goldenglobes.org/2012/12/nominations-2013/