- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 2, 2015
- UPDATING..... 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes (Soon)
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Local athlete goes from the small screen to the gridiron
- OP-ED: Nonviolence is US - Nonviolent Activists Shape American Identity
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
Marshall University School of Pharmacy receives diversity grant from Walgreens
Half of the funding will be distributed as scholarships to students of underrepresented minority groups and to a student who embraces diversity and promotes inclusion initiatives on campus. In addition, the grant will be used to facilitate“pipeline” programs aimed at increasing the enrollment of diverse groups at the school of pharmacy.
“Walgreens has shown its dedication to ensuring the next generation of pharmacists understands the importance of being educated in a truly diverse environment,” said Dr. Kevin Yingling, dean of the Marshall University School of Pharmacy. “Student body diversity better prepares our future health care professionals to treat people of all backgrounds.”
“We are so pleased that Walgreens has selected Marshall as one of the recipients for this grant,” saidDr. Shelvy L. Campbell, director of diversity programs at Marshall’s School of Pharmacy. “The funding allows us to build on the diversity initiatives that are central to our mission.”
Dr. Debra Harris,a pharmacy supervisor with Walgreens, presented the school with the grant in December.
“Walgreens is excited to support diversity initiatives at schools around the country,” she said. “We look forward to working with Marshall University as it develops its new program.”
The scholarships will be available for the 2013-2014 academic year.