- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- IMAGES: Midland Tops H.H.S. 31-26
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- United Way Fall Campaign to kick off Sept. 22 on Marshall University’s Huntington campus
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- Huntington mayor, Supreme Court justices entered in quoits tournament
- Former Secretary of State, Congressman Ken Hechler Turns 100 Years Old September 20
- Unitarian Fellowship of Huntington to Hold Their 1st Annual Community Days!
- Shaheen, LeMay will read from their work Oct. 6 at Marshall University
Marshall University School of Pharmacy receives diversity grant from Walgreens
Half of the funding will be distributed as scholarships to students of underrepresented minority groups and to a student who embraces diversity and promotes inclusion initiatives on campus. In addition, the grant will be used to facilitate“pipeline” programs aimed at increasing the enrollment of diverse groups at the school of pharmacy.
“Walgreens has shown its dedication to ensuring the next generation of pharmacists understands the importance of being educated in a truly diverse environment,” said Dr. Kevin Yingling, dean of the Marshall University School of Pharmacy. “Student body diversity better prepares our future health care professionals to treat people of all backgrounds.”
“We are so pleased that Walgreens has selected Marshall as one of the recipients for this grant,” saidDr. Shelvy L. Campbell, director of diversity programs at Marshall’s School of Pharmacy. “The funding allows us to build on the diversity initiatives that are central to our mission.”
Dr. Debra Harris,a pharmacy supervisor with Walgreens, presented the school with the grant in December.
“Walgreens is excited to support diversity initiatives at schools around the country,” she said. “We look forward to working with Marshall University as it develops its new program.”
The scholarships will be available for the 2013-2014 academic year.