- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Will Smith, Cara Delevingne Cast as Super Villains in "Suicide Squad"
- UPDATED: Officials Speak of Marshall's Growth During President Kopp's Tenure
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- CFPB and States Take Action Against Freedom Stores for Illegal Debt Collection Practices Against Servicemembers
- Huntington Pedestrian Killed Wednesday Evening:
Letter to the Editor
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 05:49 Updated 2 years ago Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Judge Paul Farrell recently appointed Jeffrey Hood to replace Adell Chandler-Meadows as Cabell County Circuit Clerk. The story? Hood was Farrell's campaign manager/finance chairman! Cronyism at its worst! I would ordinarily be even more outraged, but this is Paul Farrell -- the man who got his appointment because he and his family gave massive amounts of campaign contributions to then-Acting Governor Tomblin when Tomblin was strapped for cash in his primary battle. Please don't let this be swept under the rug! Huntington and Cabell County have suffered long enough from people like Paul Farrell and Jeffrey Hood turning our offices of public trust into their slimy seats of political machinations! Signed, Ulrick Norman Owen Indian Meadows