- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- How Will a Good Ole' Boy Hollywood Treat Female 'Pleasures' in "Fifty Shades of Grey?'
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- Wolfpack Moves Past @HerdMBB
- Huntington Has At Least Nine Heroin Overdose Deaths in January 2015
Letter to the Editor
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 05:49 Updated 2 years ago Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Judge Paul Farrell recently appointed Jeffrey Hood to replace Adell Chandler-Meadows as Cabell County Circuit Clerk. The story? Hood was Farrell's campaign manager/finance chairman! Cronyism at its worst! I would ordinarily be even more outraged, but this is Paul Farrell -- the man who got his appointment because he and his family gave massive amounts of campaign contributions to then-Acting Governor Tomblin when Tomblin was strapped for cash in his primary battle. Please don't let this be swept under the rug! Huntington and Cabell County have suffered long enough from people like Paul Farrell and Jeffrey Hood turning our offices of public trust into their slimy seats of political machinations! Signed, Ulrick Norman Owen Indian Meadows