- Huntington Clarifies Purposes of America's Best Community Contest and Winnings ; General Fund Not Recipient
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Southwest WV a Sacrifice Zone; Pipeline Comment Period Ends Today
- Three Huntington Walks with the Mayor This Week
- Rhoden Family Members Make Plea for Tips in Pike County Murders of Loved Ones
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- NYC Police Department Now Focused on OD; Michigan OD Stats Up
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
Women’s Basketball Prepares for Furman
The contest is only the second meeting between the two teams in 15 years as Marshall took a 62-54 loss to the Paladins last season in Greenville, S.C. The Thundering Herd leads the all-time series 16-15.
Marshall is 5-5 after taking a loss to Ohio this past Saturday, 55-48. The loss marked the first home defeat for the Herd. Guard Shay Weaver led with 13 points and eight rebounds, while forward Chukwuka Ezeigbo totaled 10 points, four rebounds and four blocks.
Weaver leads Marshall with 11.9 points per game and is ranked No. 22 in the NCAA for three-point field goals per game with 2.9. Ezeigbo is also ranked nationally, earning the No. 36 spot for blocked shots with 2.2 per game.
Furman is on a five game losing streak, but has taken losses to tough opponents including #21 South Carolina, Georgia and Arkansas. Two players are averaging double-digit point totals per game in Sarah Durdaller (15.5) and Teshia Griswold (14.3). Durdaller leads the team with 6.5 rebounds per game, while Griswold combines for a 96.9 percent average from the free throw line after making 31-of-32 this season.