- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- Missing Huntington Woman Found Safe
- Understanding the Suffering War Brings
- OP-ED: Blood on the Corner: Dear UVA From an Alumnus
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- OP-ED: Vanuatu and Tuvalu: inadequate response to human suffering
- Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld, Appearing at Tricon
Women’s Basketball Prepares for Furman
The contest is only the second meeting between the two teams in 15 years as Marshall took a 62-54 loss to the Paladins last season in Greenville, S.C. The Thundering Herd leads the all-time series 16-15.
Marshall is 5-5 after taking a loss to Ohio this past Saturday, 55-48. The loss marked the first home defeat for the Herd. Guard Shay Weaver led with 13 points and eight rebounds, while forward Chukwuka Ezeigbo totaled 10 points, four rebounds and four blocks.
Weaver leads Marshall with 11.9 points per game and is ranked No. 22 in the NCAA for three-point field goals per game with 2.9. Ezeigbo is also ranked nationally, earning the No. 36 spot for blocked shots with 2.2 per game.
Furman is on a five game losing streak, but has taken losses to tough opponents including #21 South Carolina, Georgia and Arkansas. Two players are averaging double-digit point totals per game in Sarah Durdaller (15.5) and Teshia Griswold (14.3). Durdaller leads the team with 6.5 rebounds per game, while Griswold combines for a 96.9 percent average from the free throw line after making 31-of-32 this season.