- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 22, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- More than 100,000 Had Symptoms During Elk River Water Spill
- Brockovich Protesting at US Supreme Court; Case Involves Water Contamination
- City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Intent to Distribute Heroin, Cocaine, Oxycodone
- Huntington Man Sentenced for Bar Shooting
Police Shoot, Kill Truck Driver with Knife Attacking Special Metals Guard
“The officer responded to the threat by firing several rounds from his service weapon, striking and killing the armed suspect,” the release stated.
Based on the earlier dispatch, Huntington police responded about 1 a.m. to Riverside Drive and Rt. 60 near the bridge that crosses the Guyandotte River. WSAZ.com earlier reported two injuries, however, the guard was not harmed. Further details will be provided on Monday.