- UPDATED: Police, Fire Leadership Attribute Mismanagement for Possible Deep, Scary Cuts
- Marshall Health and School of Medicine welcome new faculty physicians
- Marshall University launches the Dr. Carter G. Woodson Lyceum
- Huntington Sues Opioid Distributors
- Two defendants headed to prison for methamphetamine trafficking crimes
- Secretary of State Warner Responds to Media Reports
- Appalachian Hatchery, a Marshall University Research Corp. project, Receives $1.5 Million Grant
- Marshall University Research Receives Coal Country Grant
- WV Young Democrats Begin Mobilizing for 2017
- West Virginia GEAR UP launches Student Success Society in area high schools
Police Shoot, Kill Truck Driver with Knife Attacking Special Metals Guard
“The officer responded to the threat by firing several rounds from his service weapon, striking and killing the armed suspect,” the release stated.
Based on the earlier dispatch, Huntington police responded about 1 a.m. to Riverside Drive and Rt. 60 near the bridge that crosses the Guyandotte River. WSAZ.com earlier reported two injuries, however, the guard was not harmed. Further details will be provided on Monday.