- UPDATING..... 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes (Soon)
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 3, 2015
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Storm Warning Issued for Wednesday
- OP-ED: Nonviolence is US - Nonviolent Activists Shape American Identity
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- OP-ED: The Importance of Hope
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Mixed: 30-Year FRM Averages 3.37 Percent, Near Record Low
The popular 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.37 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending December 20, 2012, up from last week when it averaged 3.32 percent. Last year at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.91 percent.
The 15-year FRM this week averaged 2.65 percent with an average 0.7 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.66 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.21 percent.
"Mortgage rates were mixed this week following data reports on stable inflation and a thriving home construction market," said Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist Frank Nothalf. "The 12-month growth in the core consumer price index has remained between 1.9 and 2.1 percent for the past five consecutive months ending in November. Meanwhile, housing starts averaged the strongest three months in November since September 2008, and homebuilder confidence rose in December to its highest reading since April 2008."
Adjustable rate mortgages were also mixed:
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.71 percent this week with an average 0.7 point, up from last week when it averaged 2.70 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.85 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.52 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.53. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.77 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.