- Huntington Awaits Plans for Curtailing Budget Overages
- Mayor Williams "unfamiliar" with alleged benefit cuts; Huntington "under" budget
- UPDATED: Police, Fire Leadership Attribute Mismanagement for Possible Deep, Scary Cuts
- Black History Month to be observed in a variety of ways at Marshall
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- HMDA Meets Monday Afternoon
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Marshall University launches the Dr. Carter G. Woodson Lyceum
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
New Council Members Sworn In, Charter Amendment Moves Forward
Brandi Jacobs-Jones, director of finance and administration, filled in for Mayor Kim Wolfe, who did not attend.
The body heard first reading of an ordinance that amends the city charter to add “Christmas Eve” to the listing of legal holidays, specifying that the meeting would be on Wednesday, Dec. 26.
Council voted unanimously to approve the lease/purchase of three pieces of paving equipment for the public works department, to keep the mayor and council’s salary fixed at present level for the next four years, and a budget revision to reflect a $30,000 payout.
Among members speaking during the Good and Welfare portion, vice chairperson Sandra Clements declared herself to be the happiest member on council. She thanked Mayor Wolfe , his administration and council for the demolition , removal of eyesores and keeping the A.D. Lewis Pool open.
Thacker referred to the departing members as almost “family” and expressed hope that their faces would be seen in the future attending council meetings.
Mayor Elect Williams, an ordained minister, offered the prayer in which he acknowledged that “Simply trying to serve you, pleases you, even though we fall short.”
Council holds an organizational special meeting Jan. 7 at 7:30 p.m. for the election of chairperson and vice chairperson.