- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Walk with the Mayor Begins, Highlawn Next
- Miller Named Vice President of Bank
- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Attorney General Morrisey Partners with Ben Franklin & Carver Career Centers to Battle Drug Epidemic
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- Former Huntington Detective, City, Supervisors Sued for Civil Rights Violations, Sexual Abuse
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
- Grandparents: Is Your Home Safe for Your Grandchildren?
New Council Members Sworn In, Charter Amendment Moves Forward
Brandi Jacobs-Jones, director of finance and administration, filled in for Mayor Kim Wolfe, who did not attend.
The body heard first reading of an ordinance that amends the city charter to add “Christmas Eve” to the listing of legal holidays, specifying that the meeting would be on Wednesday, Dec. 26.
Council voted unanimously to approve the lease/purchase of three pieces of paving equipment for the public works department, to keep the mayor and council’s salary fixed at present level for the next four years, and a budget revision to reflect a $30,000 payout.
Among members speaking during the Good and Welfare portion, vice chairperson Sandra Clements declared herself to be the happiest member on council. She thanked Mayor Wolfe , his administration and council for the demolition , removal of eyesores and keeping the A.D. Lewis Pool open.
Thacker referred to the departing members as almost “family” and expressed hope that their faces would be seen in the future attending council meetings.
Mayor Elect Williams, an ordained minister, offered the prayer in which he acknowledged that “Simply trying to serve you, pleases you, even though we fall short.”
Council holds an organizational special meeting Jan. 7 at 7:30 p.m. for the election of chairperson and vice chairperson.