- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Pain doctor indicted on Federal drug charges
- CITY BRIEFS: Thanksgiving Garbage Schedule; Free Christmas Parking Days
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- WVDNR’s electronic game check system provides opening day buck harvest numbers
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
DEVOTION: Christmas Day
"While Mary and Joseph were there in Bethlehem, the time came for Mary to deliver her child. And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in bands of cloth, and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.
In that region, there were shepherds living in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. An angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. but the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for see — I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people: to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord. this will be a sign for you: you will find a child wrapped in bands of cloth and lying in a manger.” And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying,
Glory to God in the heavenly heights, peace to all men and women on earth who rejoice in new birth.
O God, we know for many this is just another day of fear and foreboding. For so many, bellies are empty and mouths are dry. Mothers seek every possible way to provide nourishment for their children and Fathers long for something to bring them hope. So we pray that the angel appears with the good news of God's love and presence... in any situation; in areas that are distant and even uninviting, in the most inconsiderate atmosphere we can imagine. Help us be willing to bring the "tidings of great joy" to whomever you send or wherever we are called. The promise of peace comes as your love enters our hearts and teaches us a new way of life in relationship to others. The joy of the Lord is with us ...in us... around us.. and brings us the miracle of CHRISTMAS DAY!