- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Hits Highest Level Since Nov. 2005
- Former Bank Vice President Made More than $1.4 Million in Bad Loans
- Suspected Drug Dealer Released on Bond Before Police Leave Scene of Arrest
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Sues For-Profit Corinthian Colleges for Predatory Lending Scheme; Bureau Seeks More than $500 Million In Relief For Borrowers of Corinthian’s Private Student Loans
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
16th Annual Sweetheart Clinic Planned for February 3
Due to limited space, all interested participants must pre-register on HerdZone.com and registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis. No walk-up participants will be accepted and the annual event will be capped at 165 participants.
It is free to participate in the clinic and each clinic participant will receive a shirt.
Registration on HerdZone.com will begin on Monday, January 7th and run till Monday, Jan. 14 or until the clinic has reached capacity. To register, interested participants will need to visit HerdZone.com and find the Sweetheart Clinic icon. From there, participants will need to provide name, emergency contact, email address, shirt size and age. There is no group registration.
This year’s clinic will once again be hosted by the on-campus Marshall Recreation Center. Participant check-in will run from 9:45 a.m. to 10:20 a.m. At 10:30, the clinic will begin promptly, with participants divided into age groups and rotate through nine different stations. The end of the clinic will feature a pizza party then a pep rally led by the Thundering Herd cheerleaders for the 2 p.m. women’s basketball game against Memphis inside the Cam Henderson Center.
The nine different stations will be hosted by the nine Marshall women’s sports. Coaches and student-athletes from each sport will be teaching developmental sports skills.
The annual Sweetheart Clinic is conducted by Marshall Athletics. The program began in 1998 as recognition of National Girls and Women in Sports Day. Since its inception, more than 1,850 girls have participated and had the opportunity to learn developmental skills in the nine women's sports.
Participants will be admitted to the women’s basketball game for free. Sweetheart Clinic family members and observers may purchase a ticket to the game at the clinic for $3.
Registration information or questions regarding the Sweetheart Clinic may be sent to Molly Ginger at email@example.com or by calling (304) 696-3394.
The 2013 clinic is presented by Marshall Athletics, Marshall Recreation Center, Marshall Maniacs, Pepsi, Little Caesar’s. Women, Infants and Children (WIC), Valley Health and Med Express.