- UPDATED: Wal Mart Shots Not Terror Related
- Man Arrives at Huntington Hospital Shot in Both Legs
- Marshall Artists Series and The Huntington Symphony Orchestra team up for Disney In Concert
- "Creed" Punches it's Way into "Rocky's" Championship Heritage
- Donald Sutherland Warns Young People to Question Authority
- Attorney General DeWine Offers Five Tips to Avoid Scams While Shopping Online
- Huntington's A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
- CFPB Takes Action to End Student 'Debt Relief' Scams; CFPB Warns Borrowers About Companies Charging High Fees for Free Federal Loan Repayment Programs
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- Deer Hunters in West Virginia harvest 37,277 bucks during the buck firearms season
EXPLORING THE BEAUTY OF THE MOUNTAIN STATE
When it comes to planning for these memorable moments, a little guidance can go a long way. Available in welcome centers throughout our state and by request, is the 2013 West Virginia Official State Travel Guide. Filled with everything you've come to expect, this year's edition features West Virginia shops, delectable dining, cozy places to stay, outdoor adventures, cultural activities and so much more.
In celebration of the Mountain State's 150th year of statehood, the guide features a sesquicentennial-themed cover, a West Virginia Bucket List of 150 opportunities to experience and celebrate the Mountain State along with 150 Reasons to Love West Virginia State Parks. New to the guide this year, is the Scouting Report highlighting activities in each of the nine travel regions as well asa Scouts Guide to Family Fun welcoming the Boy Scouts of America and their families to the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve.
West Virginia is blessed with abundant opportunities for adventure and exploration. From world-renowned outdoor recreation and breathtaking scenery to our rich and unique cultural heritage, the possibilities are endless.
I look forward to an exciting new year and I encourage you to embrace the days and months ahead with enthusiasm-plan to explore the unknown and experience new adventures that only West Virginia can provide.