- Following Brief Eulogy to his Father, Huntington Mayor Told Council, "Let's Get to Work..."
- Highlawn Baptist Church, Various Items to Sell at Auction
- Prepared Remarks of Richard Cordray of CFPB on CareCredit Enforcement Action
- 22 Year Old Driver Dies from Crash Injuries
- Marshall Has 21 Named to All-Conference and All-Freshman Teams
- OP-ED: Murray-Ryan Budget Dumps 51.4% into Military -- Happy Human Rights Day!
- Highlawn Pastor Posted Explanation on Facebook in October
- DEA NEWS: Greek National Pleads Guilty in Narco-Terror Conspiracy
- Contaminated Debris of Huntington Pilot Plant Transported by Truck in 1979
- Marshall University Board approves 10-year Master Plan
EXPLORING THE BEAUTY OF THE MOUNTAIN STATE
When it comes to planning for these memorable moments, a little guidance can go a long way. Available in welcome centers throughout our state and by request, is the 2013 West Virginia Official State Travel Guide. Filled with everything you've come to expect, this year's edition features West Virginia shops, delectable dining, cozy places to stay, outdoor adventures, cultural activities and so much more.
In celebration of the Mountain State's 150th year of statehood, the guide features a sesquicentennial-themed cover, a West Virginia Bucket List of 150 opportunities to experience and celebrate the Mountain State along with 150 Reasons to Love West Virginia State Parks. New to the guide this year, is the Scouting Report highlighting activities in each of the nine travel regions as well asa Scouts Guide to Family Fun welcoming the Boy Scouts of America and their families to the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve.
West Virginia is blessed with abundant opportunities for adventure and exploration. From world-renowned outdoor recreation and breathtaking scenery to our rich and unique cultural heritage, the possibilities are endless.
I look forward to an exciting new year and I encourage you to embrace the days and months ahead with enthusiasm-plan to explore the unknown and experience new adventures that only West Virginia can provide.