- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... 'Furious 7' Gonna Roll
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 31, 2015
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 30, 2015
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- People should always be skeptical when evaluating weight-loss products
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: St Kitts-Nevis election fiasco: Symptom of a bigger problem
- OP-ED:The Destruction of 'Forced Pooling'
EXPLORING THE BEAUTY OF THE MOUNTAIN STATE
When it comes to planning for these memorable moments, a little guidance can go a long way. Available in welcome centers throughout our state and by request, is the 2013 West Virginia Official State Travel Guide. Filled with everything you've come to expect, this year's edition features West Virginia shops, delectable dining, cozy places to stay, outdoor adventures, cultural activities and so much more.
In celebration of the Mountain State's 150th year of statehood, the guide features a sesquicentennial-themed cover, a West Virginia Bucket List of 150 opportunities to experience and celebrate the Mountain State along with 150 Reasons to Love West Virginia State Parks. New to the guide this year, is the Scouting Report highlighting activities in each of the nine travel regions as well asa Scouts Guide to Family Fun welcoming the Boy Scouts of America and their families to the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve.
West Virginia is blessed with abundant opportunities for adventure and exploration. From world-renowned outdoor recreation and breathtaking scenery to our rich and unique cultural heritage, the possibilities are endless.
I look forward to an exciting new year and I encourage you to embrace the days and months ahead with enthusiasm-plan to explore the unknown and experience new adventures that only West Virginia can provide.