- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- OP-ED: Break-ups, Rejections and School Shootings: Educate Youth for Resiliency
- Conspiracy Alleged in Energy Worker Exposure at Hanford, Portsmouth
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 29, 2014
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- Huntington Man Arrested for Crack Cocaine Delivery
- A License to Steal, Kill, Cover Up and Do it All Over Again
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 28, 2014
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for Customers in Barboursville – Advisory Revised to Include New Areas
EXPLORING THE BEAUTY OF THE MOUNTAIN STATE
When it comes to planning for these memorable moments, a little guidance can go a long way. Available in welcome centers throughout our state and by request, is the 2013 West Virginia Official State Travel Guide. Filled with everything you've come to expect, this year's edition features West Virginia shops, delectable dining, cozy places to stay, outdoor adventures, cultural activities and so much more.
In celebration of the Mountain State's 150th year of statehood, the guide features a sesquicentennial-themed cover, a West Virginia Bucket List of 150 opportunities to experience and celebrate the Mountain State along with 150 Reasons to Love West Virginia State Parks. New to the guide this year, is the Scouting Report highlighting activities in each of the nine travel regions as well asa Scouts Guide to Family Fun welcoming the Boy Scouts of America and their families to the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve.
West Virginia is blessed with abundant opportunities for adventure and exploration. From world-renowned outdoor recreation and breathtaking scenery to our rich and unique cultural heritage, the possibilities are endless.
I look forward to an exciting new year and I encourage you to embrace the days and months ahead with enthusiasm-plan to explore the unknown and experience new adventures that only West Virginia can provide.