- Houdaille Industries Nickel Recovery Study Not Found
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- Kessler Makes Appointment to Public Water System Supply Study Commission
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
- Live Theatricals Running This Weekend
- Chris Buescher Claims First Career NASCAR Nationwide win At Mid-Ohio
- Rods, Bikes and Jacket Cinema includes Huntington Cult Film on Amazon List
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
DEVOTION: The Long Journey to Epiphany
In the time of King Herod, after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, asking, “Where is the child who has been born king of the Jews? For we observed his star at its rising, and have come to pay him homage." When they saw that the star had stopped, they were overwhelmed with joy. On entering the house, they saw the child with Mary his mother; and they knelt down and paid him homage. Then, opening their treasure chests, they offered him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Incredible credence when faith is steadfast and brings us "home".
Fabulous credit to the wonder of trust and the benefit of belief.
Creative/omnific power of GOD WITH US.
O God, help us as we travel the road of life ... searching.....seeking... finding and feeling your presence and power in and around us. Life is not easy. The path is rocky and full of pot holes. Time moves so slowly and then speeds up to throw us into tornado winds of devastation. We find ourselves so weary and tired... wondering and asking "why". Help us remember. Teach us through the stories of others and the companionship of prayer. We, like the kings want to fall at your feet and find the treasures you bring. Forgive us when we doubt and struggle in our faith... when our bodies are weary and weak with unbelief. When we find ourselves confronted with a society of greed and temptation, help us move toward your grace and forgiveness. Touch us with your great love, your countenance of peace and your power of resurrection as we make The Long Journey to Epiphany.//