- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- Mathematics awarded $170K grant from National Security Agency
- UPDATE: Swat Team Dispatched; Huntington's Marcum Terrace Scene of Another Shooting
- Wilson family establishes endowed scholarship for medical students
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Freedom Industries and former Freedom Industries plant manager sentenced for roles in chemical spill
- Murder Comes to Charleston Pub
- John Jasko, M.D., named Castle Connolly ‘Top Doctor’
- Red Cabose Open House Saturday
DEVOTION: The Long Journey to Epiphany
In the time of King Herod, after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, asking, “Where is the child who has been born king of the Jews? For we observed his star at its rising, and have come to pay him homage." When they saw that the star had stopped, they were overwhelmed with joy. On entering the house, they saw the child with Mary his mother; and they knelt down and paid him homage. Then, opening their treasure chests, they offered him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Incredible credence when faith is steadfast and brings us "home".
Fabulous credit to the wonder of trust and the benefit of belief.
Creative/omnific power of GOD WITH US.
O God, help us as we travel the road of life ... searching.....seeking... finding and feeling your presence and power in and around us. Life is not easy. The path is rocky and full of pot holes. Time moves so slowly and then speeds up to throw us into tornado winds of devastation. We find ourselves so weary and tired... wondering and asking "why". Help us remember. Teach us through the stories of others and the companionship of prayer. We, like the kings want to fall at your feet and find the treasures you bring. Forgive us when we doubt and struggle in our faith... when our bodies are weary and weak with unbelief. When we find ourselves confronted with a society of greed and temptation, help us move toward your grace and forgiveness. Touch us with your great love, your countenance of peace and your power of resurrection as we make The Long Journey to Epiphany.//