- Send Off Planned for Huntington Highlanders to State Championship
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- UPDATED LINKS: Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- BREAKING... Condolences to Huntington Mayor Steve Williams & Family on the Passing of his Dad.
- Scheme involving thousands of prescription pain pills ends in jail time for Logan brothers
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: 74th Anniversary of ‘Gone with the Wind’ Premiere
- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- Chants of 'We Are ... Marshall' planned nationwide as Herd battles Rice in Conference USA title game
- Huntington City Council Agenda
Sweetheart Clinic Registration Now Open
The clinic, which is available to girls ages 4-12, can be signed up for on HerdZone.com through the link at the top of the page.
Due to limited space, all interested participants must pre-register through HerdZone.com. Registration will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. There will be no walk-up registrations accepted with the annual event capped at 165 participants.
Registration will be open until Monday, Jan. 14 or when max registration capacity has been reached. Participants will need to provide their name, email address, age, shirt size and an emergency contact.
It is free to participate in the clinic and each participant will receive a shirt.
This year’s clinic will once again be hosted by the on-campus Marshall Recreation Center. Participant check-in will run from 9:45 a.m. to 10:20 a.m. At 10:30, the clinic will begin promptly, with participants divided into age groups and rotate through nine different stations. The end of the clinic will feature a pizza party then a pep rally led by the Thundering Herd cheerleaders for the 2 p.m. women’s basketball game against Memphis inside the Cam Henderson Center.
Each of the nine different stations will be hosted by the nine Marshall women’s sports. Coaches and student-athletes from each sport will be teaching developmental sports skills.
The annual Sweetheart Clinic is conducted by Marshall Athletics. The program began in 1998 as recognition of National Girls and Women in Sports Day. Since its inception, more than 1,850 girls have participated and had the opportunity to learn developmental skills in the nine women's sports.
Participants will be admitted to the women’s basketball game for free. Sweetheart Clinic family members and observers may purchase a ticket to the game at the clinic for $3.
Registration information or questions regarding the Sweetheart Clinic may be sent to Molly Ginger at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (304) 696-3394.
The 2013 clinic is presented by Marshall Athletics, Marshall Recreation Center, Marshall Maniacs, Pepsi, Little Caesar’s. Women, Infants and Children (WIC), Valley Health and Med Express.