- BREAKING ... West Virginia State Police to Consider Caserta Complaint
- Caserta Asks Prosecutor to Reconsider Petition Against Williams
- Jabberwowcky Kicks off DAWG's Pullman Thursday Series
- Mayor Williams Has not Yet Received Notification of State Police Investigation
- Pullman's Thai House Restaurant Closes
- Mayor Williams Tells His Side ; Link to Mayor Steve Williams on Tom Roten Morning Show
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- Ribbon Cutting: Corridor H, Bismarck to Tucker County Line
- Alleged Nuclear Material Control and Accountability Weaknesses at the Department of Energy's Portsmouth Project
- Herd Headed Back to Birmingham for Postseason Play
Williams Named to FWAA Freshman All-America Team
The FWAA selection is the second such honor for the Fort Wayne, Ind., resident, as he was previously honored by CollegeFootballNews.com. The FWAA selected only an All-Freshman first team. Thundering Herd linebacker D.J. Hunter also picked up the same honor from Phil Steele and The Sporting News last month.
Williams, the league’s only Ray Guy Award semifinalist, was one of the Herd’s most pleasant surprises in 2012, averaging 45.19 yards per punt, the ninth-highest average nationally and a Marshall single-season record. He led all FBS freshmen in punting average.
He had 13 kicks of 50 or more yards, while landing 16 inside the 20 and nine more that were fair caught. He posted a 66-yard boot at Rice, where he averaged 50.8 yards per kick. He also averaged 51.2 yards per punt in his four kicks at then-No. 11 ranked West Virginia and 50.5 at East Carolina.
Williams also was an All-Freshman Team selection by Conference USA’s 12 head coaches.