- West Huntington Drug Bust
- Huntington's First Woman Fire Chief Beams,"Whatever They Choose to Be , Young Girls Can Be That"
- Annapolis Has Nearly Double Overdoses in First Months of 2017
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- Huntington Council Unanimously Approves Budget
- Huntington woman pleads guilty to federal heroin charge
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Finance Committee Hears Highlights of Local 598 Labor Management
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- HarbisonWalker International Selects Location for New Monolithics Refractory Plant
Williams Named to FWAA Freshman All-America Team
The FWAA selection is the second such honor for the Fort Wayne, Ind., resident, as he was previously honored by CollegeFootballNews.com. The FWAA selected only an All-Freshman first team. Thundering Herd linebacker D.J. Hunter also picked up the same honor from Phil Steele and The Sporting News last month.
Williams, the league’s only Ray Guy Award semifinalist, was one of the Herd’s most pleasant surprises in 2012, averaging 45.19 yards per punt, the ninth-highest average nationally and a Marshall single-season record. He led all FBS freshmen in punting average.
He had 13 kicks of 50 or more yards, while landing 16 inside the 20 and nine more that were fair caught. He posted a 66-yard boot at Rice, where he averaged 50.8 yards per kick. He also averaged 51.2 yards per punt in his four kicks at then-No. 11 ranked West Virginia and 50.5 at East Carolina.
Williams also was an All-Freshman Team selection by Conference USA’s 12 head coaches.