- Free Classic Regatta Returns to Huntington
- REVISED: HPD Makes Three Arrests for Auto Tampering; Grand Larceny , Burglary Reports Taken
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Mrs. West Virginia Uses Breast Cancer Diagnosis to Shed Light on Importance of Clinical Trials and Never Giving Up Hope
- Pipestem Resort State Park controlled deer hunt applications available for Nov. 3, 4 and 5
- Authorities Request Information on Disappearance of Ohio Woman
- Cabell County Schedules Off Site Special School Board Meeting
- Tell EPA: Stop Dangerous Radioactive Drinking Water
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
Williams Named to FWAA Freshman All-America Team
The FWAA selection is the second such honor for the Fort Wayne, Ind., resident, as he was previously honored by CollegeFootballNews.com. The FWAA selected only an All-Freshman first team. Thundering Herd linebacker D.J. Hunter also picked up the same honor from Phil Steele and The Sporting News last month.
Williams, the league’s only Ray Guy Award semifinalist, was one of the Herd’s most pleasant surprises in 2012, averaging 45.19 yards per punt, the ninth-highest average nationally and a Marshall single-season record. He led all FBS freshmen in punting average.
He had 13 kicks of 50 or more yards, while landing 16 inside the 20 and nine more that were fair caught. He posted a 66-yard boot at Rice, where he averaged 50.8 yards per kick. He also averaged 51.2 yards per punt in his four kicks at then-No. 11 ranked West Virginia and 50.5 at East Carolina.
Williams also was an All-Freshman Team selection by Conference USA’s 12 head coaches.